Introducing your new favourite potato recipe …. golden, crispy, herby, Lemon Garlic Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes! Flavourful, well seasoned, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside & super quick & low effort in your Air Fryer!
THIS RECIPE IS SPONSORED BY COSORI
These air fryer roasted potatoes are going to change your potato game forever. They’re fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside, full of lemon-y, garlicky, herby flavour and they only take 30 minutes to cook!
And oh man, I’ve wanted an Air Fryer for a long time, so I’m very happy to be partnering with Cosori to bring you this recipe.
If you want to treat yourself to your very own Cosori air fryer, you can get a $10 discount on Amazon with the code 10MELDEAL valid from November 25th to November 30th 2019.
And I am in love with my super sleek new Smart Air Fryer.
HEY GOOD LOOKIN’!
And yes it’s “smart”. I can control it from an easy to use app on my phone and even schedule a cook time up to 4 hours in advance. This totally feeds the tech geek/ lazy girl side of me. Checking on the progress of dinner from the sofa? I’m totally up for that!
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED POTATOES IN AN AIR FRYER
Making roasted potatoes is a breeze in an air fryer and frees your oven up for all sorts of other tasty things. Plus the cleanup is incredibly quick and easy.
Here’s how it’s going down:
First for ultimate texture, soak the peeled and cut potatoes in cold water for 15 minutes. Then drain and dry off in clean dish towel. This step although recommended can be skipped if you don’t have time.
Then toss the potatoes with a tiny bit of oil and salt and pepper while your air fryer is preheating, tip them into the air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes.
Prepare some fresh lemon and garlic while the Air Fryer is doing it’s thing.
After 15 minutes, open the air fryer and squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the potatoes.
Throw in the lemon wedges and garlic then give it all a good toss together.
Tuck in some fresh rosemary and cook again for another 15 minutes.
We have literally all of my favourite things taking a ride together in this here Air Fryer! ♡
That’s it done and in only 30 minutes. Potato game changed forever.
The potatoes are incredibly good, but what makes them more special are the little roasted garlic cloves and caramelized lemon wedges. Make sure each person gets a couple of those on their plate so that they can squuuuuueeeeeeze the soft, sweet garlic from it’s papery skin, smush the caramelized lemon onto the potatoes, and devour it altogether.
As for the rosemary. You’ll need to discard the big woody sticks. The leaves all come off during the cooking process and scatter nicely over the potatoes. They end up crispy and delicious too!
SUCCESS TIPS FOR PERFECT ROASTIES
- Soak the potatoes in cold water for 15 minutes to remove some of their starchiness, then tip them into a clean dish towel and rub dry. Not an essential step, but it does help them to get crispier outsides.
- As with any roast potatoes, the quality and variety of the potatoes you use makes a huge difference to the outcome. My favourite variety of potato for roast potatoes is Yukon Gold, but Russets and Red Potatoes are good ones to go for too. If you are in the UK go for Desiree, Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into large pieces to showcase the contrast between soft fluffy insides and golden crispy outsides.
- For this recipe, don’t parboil the potatoes.
- Be sure to preheat your Air Fryer if it has a preheat function. It only takes 5 minutes and it makes a real difference.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. We need that hot air to circulate well to get the best crispy finish. If your Air Fryer is smaller than my 5.8 qt one adjust the recipe to suit.
- Don’t add the garlic, lemon and herbs until half way through, when it’s time to shake, otherwise it will burn before the potatoes are finished cooking through.
Um … your future eating plans (and mine) summed up in one photo:
I am also totally happy just munching on them as a snack and they would be perfect to serve as finger food at gatherings, with or without my Green Sauce for dipping.
However you plan to serve them though, they are ready, waiting and have your name written all over them, so bust out your Air Fryer and get roasting!
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T HAVE AN AIR FRYER?
If you don’t have an Air Fryer, I highly recommend you treat yourself to one (get a $10 discount on Amazon with the code 10MELDEAL from November 25th to November 30th 2019), but in the meantime, you could roast these potatoes in a regular oven. You will need to parboil the potatoes (put them in a pan of salted cold water, bring to a boil for about 4 minutes then drain and allow to steam dry), toss them with the oil, salt and pepper, and they will likely take about 45 minutes on 420 °F in the oven after that. I would add the garlic, lemon and rosemary half way through.
And so to recap, these Lemon Garlic Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are:
- Crispy and delicious
- Lemony and garlicky
- Quick and easy
- Perfect as a side with most dinners
- Great as finger food at parties or get togethers
HUNGRY FOR MORE?
And if you love this recipe, please do check out my cookbook, and subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too!
Lemon Garlic Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- 900 g / 2 lb potatoes (about 4 large ones)
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice , avocado, olive, vegetable, sunflower are all fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons
- 1 entire head of garlic
- 4 big (approx 4 inch long) fresh rosemary stems
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large pieces. With a large potato I generally get 5 pieces.
- Put the cut potatoes in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 15 minutes, then drain and pour the potatoes onto a clean dish towel. Bundle it up around them and rub them dry.
- Dry the bowl you had them in and return them, then pour in the oil and sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Stir to coat them all evenly.
- Preheat your Air Fryer if it has a preheat function, then add the potatoes carefully to the hot basket and cook on 350°F (175 °C) for 15 minutes.
- While they are cooking, break up the head of garlic into individual cloves and remove any skin that is really loose and papery. Leave the rest of the skin intact.
- Cut the 2 lemons in half lengthways. Save one half for juicing, then cut the other halves into 3 wedges each.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, open the Air Fryer and squeeze the juice from the half of lemon over the potatoes. Throw in the garlic cloves and the lemon wedges and give it all a really good toss together. Tuck in the rosemary stalks amongst the potatoes.
- Return the basket to the Air Fryer and cook for a further 15 minutes. Check. They should be done, but if you prefer them a little more golden, put them back on for 5 minutes.
- Pick out the woody rosemary sticks and serve the potatoes with the garlic cloves and the lemon wedges. Guests can squeeze the soft, sweet cloves of garlic out of their skins and eat it with the potatoes and the caramelized lemon.
Estimated nutrition per serving:
Thank you to Cosori for sponsoring this post!