These deliciously sweet grilled baby potatoes are slightly charred & crispy on the outside & soft & creamy on the inside. They will become your most requested side this summer!
I love summer and the plentiful excuses it gives for grilling frequently. I don't know what it is, but food always seems to taste better when outdoors and it is perfectly possible to have a delicious, satisfying and cruelty free grilling session.
There are so many delicious vegan grilling options. I almost always cook some ears of corn. I simply throw them on the grill in their husks and let them steam themselves to perfection. To serve we just peel back the husks and dig in. Some of my Easy Vegan Butter melted all over them is so good!
A few more things that I frequently grill are veggie kabobs, zucchini halved lengthways and cooked face down, marinated portobello mushrooms and of course veggie burgers like my White Bean Artichoke Burgers which grill up brilliantly.
My Grilled Nectarines are also a must for dessert.
For more vegan grilling ideas check out this round up I created for Parade Magazine's Community Table.
There are so many delicious ideas!
GRILLED BABY POTATOES FOR THE WIN
No matter what we are having, my Grilled Baby Potatoes with Rosemary are always on the menu.
They are such a favourite with everyone and are incredibly easy to make. They can even be prepared ahead of time, leaving you more time to mingle with your friends and family on the day.
We always make more than we need as they are great cold the next day. I often grab them from the fridge for snacks or toss them through a salad for lunch.
HOW TO COOK POTATOES ON THE GRILL
Coat in oil and flavourings and leave to marinate.
Thread onto skewers
Grill 'em all up!
These Grilled Baby Potatoes are so incredibly delicious. There is just something about the crispy charred outsides and the soft, fluffy insides that makes them irresistible.
They become really sweet as they cook and I could quite easily eat an entire plate of them if I didn't begrudgingly have to share with everyone else.
These little potatoes really will become your most requested side this summer!
try serving them with one of these bright and vibrant salads!
Be sure to buy good quality baby potatoes. I find that the smaller they are the sweeter they tend to be and because of this I absolutely love The Little Potato Company. Their potatoes are like tiny little pebbles and they cook up beautifully on the grill.
I can't wait to hear what you think about these Grilled Baby Potatoes with Rosemary. Be sure to leave your feedback below and share your pictures on Instagram or Twitter tagging @avirtualvegan. I get a lot of notifications, so if you can use the hashtag #avirtualvegan it will mean I won't miss them.
Grilled Baby Potatoes with Rosemary
- 680g / 1.5lb baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 freezer bag , or lidded container
- Parboil the potatoes in a large pan with plenty of water and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Cook them until you can just stick a fork or knife into them with some resistance (about 10 minutes but this varies depending on the size) then remove from the heat and drain.
- Leave to cool (or until just warm but not hot) then put the potatoes carefully in the freezer bag or lidded container.
- Pour in the oil and the rosemary then seal the bag/container and give it a good shake around to distribute the oil and herbs all over the potatoes.
- Leave to marinade in the fridge for as long as you can but at least 30 minutes. They can be prepared like this up to 24 hours in advance.
- Place on the grill and cook for around 20 - 30 minutes, turning frequently.
- Once golden brown, very soft and slightly charred, remove from the grill and serve. Be very careful as they will be exceptionally hot inside.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.