The most delicious, crispy and golden Nutritional Yeast Tofu. Super quick and easy to make in an oven or air fryer, this crunchy, golden, seasoned tofu is ready to grace a multitude of dishes, or be enjoyed as a tasty snack!
You have no idea how much you need this Nutritional Yeast Tofu recipe! Get ready to find yourself throwing a handful of these magnificently golden, crispy nuggets on every single meal from here on out. Straight up snacking is also very much recommended!
Need a little texture on top of some pasta? These are perfect. Some protein and crunch in your soup or salad? Oh yes...(Sorry croutons you've been replaced). Thinking about making a big batch and dipping them in creamy vegan ranch as an appetizer? Hello, winning at life.
Have I been known to eat these perfectly seasoned tofu bites straight from the air fryer basket? YES. SEVERAL TIMES.
The ingredients list is very short and naturally oil and gluten-free:
Success Tip - The tofu used must be extra firm and there is no need to press it.
How To Make Nutritional Yeast Tofu
This recipe can be made either in an oven or your air fryer. Here's how:
- Mix the seasonings together in a bowl.
- Tear the tofu into chunks.
- Toss the tofu pieces in the seasonings.
- Add to a baking sheet or air fryer basket in a single layer and bake until golden and crispy.
Success Tip - Tear the tofu block rather than cutting into cubes. That way you get way more nooks and crannies for the seasoning to stick and the finished tofu will be crispier than cubed tofu.
Ok, this nutritional yeast tofu is so versatile so be sure to make plenty. Use it as part of your main dish, as a filling or as a topper.
I highly recommend a few tofu nuggets scattered on any and all creamy rice and pasta dishes for added taste and texture. Here it is on my vegan pumpkin pasta:
Need something filling and tasty to add to your salads? Nutritional yeast tofu is your friend. It adds a ton of flavour, protein and texture. It's also fab on bowl meals, in burritos, wraps, tacos or as a fun finger food with or without dip.
Leftovers keep really well in a container in the fridge and are incredibly good cold. Perfect for the kiddos packed lunch box! Prefer them warm? Reheat in an air fryer or the oven for a few minutes. 350°F for 10 mins in an oven or 350°F in an air fryer for 4 to 5 minutes.
Nutritional yeast (a.k.a nooch) is a really unique ingredient and cannot be replaced in this recipe. It is definitely one that I recommend you keep in your vegan pantry at all times. Don't whatever you do use regular bread-making yeast in place of nutritional yeast in this or any recipe.
More Tofu Recipes
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Nutritional Yeast TofuAuthor:
- Open the package of tofu. Drain off any excess water. Do not press.
- With your hands, tear the tofu into irregular bite sized chunks and place in a bowl.
- Add the seasonings and toss well to coat. Cook immediately. Don't let it sit.
- To air fry - Grease the bottom of your air fryer basket with a little brush of oil. Add the tofu to the air fryer basket in a single layer and cook at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 20 minutes or until super crunchy and golden, tossing halfway.
- To bake - Spread out on a lined baking tray and bake at 425°F (218°C) for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and crispy.