Chilled, creamy Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats are quick and easy to make with no cooking involved. Perfect to enjoy at home or on the go!
All the things you know and love about lemon cheesecake transformed into quick and easy overnight oats! Sound good? Then you need to give these Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats a try!
We're talking creamy, tangy, and citrusy with optional cookie crumbles to resemble the crust on a cheesecake. Maybe even a dollop of vegan lemon curd if you have some handy and want to take them right over the top.
Dessert for breakfast is always a good thing...My Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie is proof!
In this post - Everything you need to make Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats:
Here are the ingredients you need to make Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats:
And some ingredient notes:
- Oats - I recommend using rolled oats or old-fashioned oats. Quick oats are ok too if you don't mind a little less texture. I don't recommend using steel-cut oats.
- Plant milk - Any will do such as oat milk, cashew milk, or almond milk. Don't use soy milk as it could curdle.
- Lemon - I recommend using a fresh lemon in this recipe rather than bottled lemon juice. The lemon zest is where most of the flavor comes from.
- Chia seeds - Helps to thicken the oatmeal and make it creamier. It also add extra protein and healthy fats. You can omit the seeds but your overnight oats won't be as thick and creamy.
- Sweetener - I like to use maple syrup but you could use a chopped Medjool date or a spoonful of sugar/granulated sweetener instead.
- Cookie - This is what makes the lemon overnight oats lemon "cheesecake" overnight oats. I like to use vegan digestive biscuits or graham crackers. When eating, the crumbled cookie resembles a cheesecake crust. Use a gluten-free cookie if necessary or omit it. For a healthier option chopped pecans also work well.
I love to use 10oz/295ml wide mouth mason jars for my overnight oat recipes because they are so easy to eat out of. It saves having to tip them out into a bowl, which saves on washing up and means you can eat your oatmeal on the go!
Lemon overnight oats are perfect as they are but you could also add:
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries
- A dollop of vegan yogurt or cream cheese for an extra creamy texture
- Dairy-free white chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts. Pecans make a great alternative to the cookie crumbles if you want a healthier option.
How To Make Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats
Here's a quick summary of how to make this overnight oats recipe:
- Add everything except the cookie to a jar.
- Stir together really well, put the lid on and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours).
- Serve in the container, or spoon into a bowl and then sprinkle over a crushed cookie.
Making Ahead & Storing
Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats are perfect for making ahead/meal prep. Make up a batch at the weekend and they will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Just perfect for eating at home or taking with you on the go.
More Overnight Oat Recipes
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Lemon Cheesecake Overnight OatsAuthor:
- 1 cup (100 grams) rolled or old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or 2 chopped Medjool dates)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 very small pinches fine sea salt
- 1½ cup (360 mls) plant milk , not soy milk
- zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 vegan graham crackers , or digestive biscuits (or similar cookies)
- 2 small dollops of vegan lemon curd
- Take 2 jars or other small lidded containers. To each one add ½ cup (50 grams) oats, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, ½ teaspoon vanilla, a small pinch of salt, ¾ cup plant milk, zest of half a lemon, and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Stir really well, put the lid on tightly and refrigerate overnight or for up to 5 days.
- Crumble over the cookie and add a dollop of optional lemon curd before serving. I tend to serve them up in the container they were made in to save on washing up!
Nutritional information is provided for convenience. The data is a computer generated estimate and should be used as a guide only.
Nina Hollenberg says
This one has become an I start favourite. I don't use the cookie though, I sprinkle some granola on top. Love this. Thank you
Oh boy! ! Another hit! Thank you Mel!! Yum yum! This lemon cheesecake overnight oats is FANTASTIC and REALLY tastes like lemon cheesecake!!!! I used unsweetened soy milk as that's what I had and mine did not curdle. I put this together in mere minutes last night after doing the dishes and general clean up. I almost thought "ugh. There's too much to do to bother making this recipe for tomorrow" but it was so quick and easy I'm glad I did! And it smelled SOOOO GOOD! I couldn't wait for breakfast (but I did!) Thanks for another easy, tasty, vegan recipe.
This is by far my favorite overnight oats recipe! I love lemon but don't really like sweets so I omitted the lemon curd and crumbled cookie. I did add some toasted almond slices. I will be making this weekly. Thank you!