Air Fryer Zucchini is a fast, low maintenance, highly delicious side. Tossed in seasonings then air fried it's golden, light, a little crispy-crunchy and oh so good! Oven instructions also included ;O)
Get ready to find yourself serving Air Fryer Zucchini with every single meal from here on out. It is so good!
These little crispy nuggets of zucchini are golden, sweet, well seasoned, bite-tender and make a knockout side that's vegan, gluten-free and pretty low carb too!
Need a quick, full of flavor, veg-centric snack, a side to go with your main meal? Or a little extra texture on top of your pasta or salad? Yep, these crispy zukes are perfect.
Have I been known to eat an entire air fryer basket full of them with a fork? Might have happened a few times....
Ingredients & Equipment
The ingredients list for this air fryer zucchini recipe is pretty short and apart from the veggies, everything is likely already in your pantry:
- Dried herbs & spices - I like to use Italian seasoning or dried basil and garlic powder, but you can use any dried herbs or spices. Onion powder works really well instead of the garlic powder.
- Oil - I live olive oil but any liquid oil such as avocado oil, vegetable oil or canola oil will do.
- Oil-free? This zucchini can be made oil-free by switching the olive oil for the same amount of aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas).
To make this recipe you will need an air fryer. I'm currently using a Philips XXL Air Fryer and really like it. I have also included instructions for baking in the oven if you don't have an air fryer.
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini
This is a really quick and easy way to cook zucchini in an air fryer. Here's a quick summary & visual:
No Air Fryer? Oven-baking instructions are included in the main recipe card ;O)
- Chop the zucchini into bite sized pieces.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and toss in cornstarch and seasonings.
- Tip into the air fryer, spread into a single layer, then air fry until crisp and golden.
- A few minutes later you're done!
Note that cooking time might vary depending on your air fryer so adjust accordingly.
Cooking multiple batches? You'll notice it does shrink down a lot when cooked. If you need to make two batches, make the first one, tip it out onto a plate, then cook the second one. When the second batch is ready, tip the first batch back in on top of it and allow it to warm through for a few minutes. That way you can serve it all up at once without having to turn the oven on to keep it warm.
The beauty of this easy zucchini side dish is that it goes with just about anything. It's great with dinner or for a quick veg-centric snack or light lunch and as far as vegetables go it's pretty kid-friendly.
Serve with your grain bowls, alongside your creamy pasta or soup, or scattered atop your salad. These zukes will even shine next to a piece of quiche and vegan scrambled egg for brunch, or with dipping sauces for a tasty appetizer. It's incredible with ranch dressing (there's a vegan ranch recipe in my cookbook!)
Try it on the side of one of these main dishes:
Keep leftover zucchini in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in your air fryer for about 4 to 5 minutes at 400°F (200°C). Storage in the freezer is not recommended.
Prepare as instructed. Spread the zucchini out on a metal baking tray and bake at 450°F (230°C) for about 12 minutes or until nicely golden.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Air Fryer ZucchiniAuthor:
- 2 medium zucchini , (approximately 1 lb or 453 grams)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil , use 1 tablespoon of aquafaba for oil-free
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch , (cornflour in the UK)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning , or dried basil or oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder , or onion powder
- heaping ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- heaping ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- a sprinkle of chili flakes , to serve
- Trim the ends from the zucchini and cut into ¾ inch chunky pieces. Do not peel it. Add to a mixing bowl. I like to cut the zucchini in half lengthways, then cut each half lengthways again, then chop into pieces. That way you get nice quarter moon shapes.
- Drizzle over the oil and stir to coat.
- Add all of the other ingredients and toss well, making sure all of the cornstarch is picked up with none left in the bottom of the bowl and that the zucchini pieces are evenly coated in seasonings.
- Gently transfer into the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F (200°C) for about 15 minutes or until nice and golden. Shake gently at halftime. (Oven instructions are in the recipe notes).
- Serve immediately. A little scattering of chili flakes is nice if you like a bit of spice!
Nutritional information is provided for convenience. The data is a computer generated estimate and should be used as a guide only.