Hi! My name is Mel, a.k.a A Virtual Vegan and I am so happy to see you here. ♡
I am the creator of A Virtual Vegan and I am all about sharing amazing vegan recipes that are absolutely full of flavour and perfect for sharing with those you love.
I create and rigorously test all of the recipes, do all of the food-styling and photography, as well as maintain the web-site. I am also in the final stages of writing my first cookbook which can be pre-ordered from Amazon here.
One of my favorite things is spending time around the table with good people and good food, especially when that food is totally delicious and homemade.
I started this blog as a hobby in 2015 after moving from Devon in England to Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada with my husband and son. Now a couple of years later, I am seriously thrilled that it has grown to the extent it has, and that I am able to share my recipes with you. It makes my day to see your photos and read your comments after you try my recipes. I am still stunned every day, when I see my page views and hear your feedback. I am incredibly grateful for the support you have shown me and for the amazing response to my recipes.
The four most popular recipes on A Virtual Vegan are:
Some of my personal favourite recipes are:
WHAT YOU’LL FIND ON MY BLOG
- Seriously tasty vegan recipes
- Your favourite recipes vegan-ized!
- Tried and tested recipes that work. All of my recipes are tested thoroughly multiple times by me and my recipe testers. I write the recipes as accurately as I can with notes regarding substitutions and explanations for things that might not be familiar to everyone.
WHAT YOU WON’T FIND ON MY BLOG
- I will not ever sacrifice taste to make something vegan. If it doesn’t taste as good as its non-vegan equivalent then you won’t find it here.
- I won’t sacrifice taste to make something gluten free, oil free or healthy. Any recipes that are gluten free, oil free or healthy are just accidentally that way.
- You will not find food that looks good in the photos but tastes awful.
If this is your first time visiting A Virtual Vegan, I would recommend checking out my recipe index to see what recipes take your fancy, then come visit me on social media. You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, I am @avirtualvegan on them all.
I would love it if you could leave your feedback in the comments section under my recipes. I respond to as many of them as I can.
If a brand collaboration is something you are interested in then please see my Work With Me page.
For anything else you can email me on [email protected]
If you would like to receive my new recipes straight to your inbox as soon as they are published, you can join my mailing list via the form at the end of this page or here . I promise never to spam you and you will only receive 2 emails a week at the most.
Thank you again for visiting and I look forward to seeing you around!