Transform your last of the season strawberries! With just 3 ingredients and a couple of minutes hands on time you could have yourself a bowl full of these intensely sweet, sticky & syrupy Vanilla Roasted Strawberries.
I am very late to the party with these amazing Vanilla Roasted Strawberries. Summer has gone by so fast and in the blink of an eye fall is now officially here. I published my Strawberry Baked Oatmeal recipe back in May and I have been meaning to post this recipe ever since then but for some reason never got around to it. Now as strawberry season is drawing to a close, here I am with this wonderful recipe.
Hopefully, strawberries are still plentiful enough wherever you are so that you can make this. There are certainly still lots available here and they are super cheap too so take full advantage while you can!
These Vanilla Roasted Strawberries are incredibly easy to make. Simply mix with some maple syrup and vanilla, spread out on a lined tray and bake until sticky, syrupy and delicious. Only just enough maple syrup to coat the strawberries is used but magically, while they are cooking a thick, very deep red, sticky sauce develops.
The magic of roasting fruit
Roasting is great for intensifying flavour. You probably roast vegetables regularly, and when you do, their natural water content evaporates which intensifies the flavour. The natural sugars also caramelize enhancing the flavour even further. The exact same thing happens when you roast strawberries. Their amazing natural sweetness intensifies so much that they become jaw tinglingly delicious. I really can't put into words how lovely the flavour is. You really must try them!
How to serve
If you manage to not eat these Vanilla Roasted Strawberries straight from the baking tray then they are incredibly versatile.
- On pancakes or waffles - Try them with my Healthy Oil-Free Pancakes for One
- With your oatmeal - Try them with my Almond Coconut Oatmeal
- On smoothie bowls - They are awesome with my Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- With vegan yogurt
- On Bircher Muesli
- With my Vanilla Bean Cream
- With ice-cream or nice-cream and in sundaes
- As a cake or shortcake filling
- Blended until smooth and combined with non-dairy milk to make a healthier milkshake
- or drizzled generously over a big slice of Baked New York Cheesecake........
Vanilla Roasted StrawberriesAuthor:
- 454 g / 1lb fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup / 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash and allow the strawberries to dry.
- Hull the strawberries and cut in half. if you have any extra big ones cut into quarters.
- In a bowl mix the maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add the strawberries to the bowl and stir well until coated throughly in the maple vanilla mixture.
- Pour onto the prepared tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn them all over.
- Bake again for 15 minutes
- Immediately scrape them from the tray and into a bowl or jar of some kind.Make sure you scrape all the jammy saucy bits in too.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.