This Strawberry Baked Oatmeal is the perfect no fuss make ahead breakfast. Quick, easy, healthy & full of sweet strawberry & vanilla flavour!
I'm sure I've mentioned many times how much I love oatmeal and I am always looking for new ways to change it up. It's amazing how many people I speak to though who say they don't eat oatmeal because it is boring. Sure yeah, a bowl of plain oats cooked in water is pretty boring but like anything, oatmeal is what you make it, and it doesn't take much effort at all to make it pretty damn tasty!
GREAT FOR CRAZY MORNINGS
Baked oatmeal is a fantastic option for those of you who are a little rushed in the mornings. Don't we all have those days? I'm sure we have all skipped breakfast completely on occasion or just made do with a piece of fruit on the run, I know I have, but as breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is easy to organize with a little forward planning, there is absolutely no need to be going without.
QUICK & EASY
This Strawberry Baked Oatmeal literally takes five minutes to throw together and then only needs about thirty minutes in the oven. Make it in the evening or on your Sunday prep day, store in the fridge and you are set up with four large or six slightly smaller, no fuss breakfasts. If your family is extra large (or you just eat a lot!) then it is easy to double or triple the recipe.
HOW TO SERVE MY STRAWBERRY BAKED OATMEAL
You can eat this baked Oatmeal cold or warm. It is also great served in a bowl with some non-dairy milk poured over the top. It is even better served warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and if you are feeling really decadent a big glob of coconut cream! That technically changes it from no fuss to a bit of fuss but hey, I've got to put these ideas out there and that's what leisurely weekend breakfasts are for!
Does that look boring to you?
.......I don't think so!
If you make this recipe do me a favour and hit the yellow stars to rate it. Share your pictures with me too and tag me @avirtualvegan and #avirtualvegan so I don't miss them. I check my hashtag regularly and might well share your picture on my social media!
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups / 180g rolled oats Use certified gluten-free if necessary
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup / 4 tablespoons coconut sugar any granulated sugar will be fine as a sub
- 1 cup / 240mls non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ir 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or paste
- 1/4 cup / 4 tablespoons cashew or almond butter - If you prefer a nut free option use SunButter
- 1 very heaping cup / 180g chopped strawberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°F
- Prepare a tin (see recipe note)
- Put the oats, salt, sugar and flax in a bowl and stir well
- In a small bowl or jug mix the milk, vanilla and cashew butter really well. You will probably need to start off by mashing the cashew butter with a fork. If you have a blender the easy option is to just throw it in there to combine.
- Mix the wet with the dry ingredients the add the strawberries and stir to combine.
- Spoon into your tin and bake in the pre-heated oven for around 30 - 40 minutes. Keep an eye on it for the last 10 minutes as cooking times always vary slightly. It should feel pretty firm to the touch and be starting to turn golden brown around the edges when it's done.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
Be sure to check out my recipe index where you can browse and filter recipes by meal type, category and dietary preference.