This Strawberry Baked Oatmeal is the perfect no-fuss, make-ahead breakfast. Quick, easy, healthy & full of sweet strawberry & vanilla flavour!
I'm sure I've mentioned many times how much I love oatmeal and I am always looking for new ways to change it up. It's amazing how many people I speak to though who say they don't eat oatmeal because it is boring. Sure yeah, a bowl of plain oats cooked in water is pretty boring but like anything, oatmeal is what you make it, and it doesn't take much effort at all to make it pretty damn tasty!
Strawberry Baked oatmeal is a fantastic option for those of you who are a little rushed in the mornings. Don't we all have those days? I'm sure we have all skipped breakfast completely on occasion or just made do with a piece of fruit on the run, I know I have, but as breakfast is the most important meal of the day and is easy to organize with a little forward planning, there is absolutely no need to be going without.
This Baked Oatmeal literally takes five minutes to throw together and then only needs about thirty minutes in the oven. Make it in the evening or on your Sunday prep day, store in the fridge and you are set up with four large or six slightly smaller, no fuss breakfasts. If your family is extra large (or you just eat a lot!) then it is easy to double or triple the recipe.
How to serve
You can eat this baked Oatmeal cold or warm. It is also great served in a bowl with some non-dairy milk poured over the top. It is even better served warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and if you are feeling really decadent a big glob of coconut cream! That technically changes it from no fuss to a bit of fuss but hey, I've got to put these ideas out there and that's what leisurely weekend breakfasts are for!
Does that look boring to you?
.......I don't think so!
Subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too. Also be sure to check out my cookbook Vegan Comfort Cooking for even more recipes!
Strawberry Baked OatmealAuthor:
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F
- If you want to be able to turn the baked oatmeal out like in the photos, line the bottom of a 7 or 8-inch loose bottom cake pan with a circle of parchment paper, or just use any oven-proof dish/casserole of a similar size.
- Put the oats, salt, sugar and flax in a bowl and stir well.
- Blend the milk, vanilla and nut butter, or mix by hand if you don't have a blender. If doing this by hand you will probably need to start off by mashing the nut butter and vanilla with a fork into a bit of milk then add the rest. Some small lumps are ok.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, then add the chopped strawberries and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into your pan/dish and bake for around 35 to 40 minutes. Keep an eye on it towards the end as cooking times always vary slightly depending on what type of dish you are using. When done it should be starting to turn golden around the edges and feel pretty firm to the touch.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.