You will love this seasonal Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie! It’s quick & easy to make, naturally gluten-free & full of warming cinnamon & delicious sweet flavours.
Look out because this might just be your new favourite way to eat persimmon!
We have here a a very seasonal Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie and it’s so good. Perfect for alternating with my other very seasonal Walnut Cranberry Apple Smoothie.
Both of these smoothies feature cinnamon which is perfect for adding warming undertones to your fall and winter smoothies. It just so happens to taste amazing too and is one of my favourite spices.
I have been eating my own body weight in Persimmon of late and my breakfast game has been kind of stuck in a rut since I got my Instant Pot.
I have been eating oatmeal most days, most often my Healthy Chocolate Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats, because I can make a big batch then not have to think about breakfast for a week. But as much as I love it, there is only so much oatmeal this girl can eat.
Enter the Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie.
The ingredients to make this Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie are so really simple:
- Frozen banana
- Plant-based milk
- Cashew nuts (you don’t have to add these but they add some extra staying power)
- Maple syrup (if you need a little added sweetness)
- Plus optional add-ins of flax seed or chia seed to healthify things up even more if you so wish
That’s it. It’s so simple.
This Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie ends up almost a Halloween shade of orange. It almost looks like it’s pumpkin pie flavour. It kind of tastes reminiscent of that too in a fall-y cinnamon spiced way.
Once blended up, this Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie looks lovely with a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
It’s pretty thick, but could be made even thicker by reducing the milk quantity a little bit. Then you could make yourself an awesome smoothie bowl with all kinds of toppings.
If you do, try topping it with:
- Sliced banana
- Nuts & seeds
- Chopped persimmon
- Granola (my Almond Hemp Granola would work brilliantly)
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped apple or pear
- Feasting on Fruit’s Rawnola
So what are you waiting for?
Make the most of the lovely Persimmon while you can. They are only in season from about October to February.
Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie
You will love this seasonal Persimmon Cinnamon Smoothie! It's quick & easy to make, naturally gluten-free & full of warming cinnamon & delicious sweet flavours.
- 2 medium persimmon , I used Fuyu Persimmon which are the slightly squatter ones.
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 10 cashew nuts you don't have to add these but they add more healthy fat and protein and give the smoothie more staying power. Please note that if you don't have a high powered blender, soak your cashew nuts in boiling water for 10 minutes
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon , you can add a little more if you prefer a stronger cinnamon taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup , OPTIONAL - or add to taste
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Sprinkle on some extra cinnamon to serve!
Some flax or chia seeds can also be added to the smoothie if you want to healthify it up even more!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you did, be a ☆ and let me know what you think by rating it and commenting below. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @avirtualvegan and my hashtag is #avirtualvegan