Velvety smooth, creamy, thick & incredibly delicious Pumpkin Chocolate Smoothie. It's healthy, satisfying and tastes like dessert!
Pumpkin Chocolate Smoothie is one of my fall favourite breakfasts, and like my regular Vegan Pumpkin Smoothie, is a great way to use up that little bit of pumpkin puree that gets leftover when making other vegan pumpkin recipes!
This smoothie is rich, thick and incredibly velvety and smooth, thanks to the pumpkin addition. An idea I got from my Healthy Chocolate Smoothie which uses sweet potato in a similar way.
Here is what you will be needing to make this fall-inspired smoothie for your breakfast:
And a few ingredient notes:
- Pumpkin purée - You can use canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin purée in this recipe. You can also use pumpkin pie filling but then I recommend omitting the maple syrup.
- Tahini or nut butter - Either works well. I just love the pumpkin flavour with tahini though!
- Plant milk - Any dairy-free milk such as almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk can be used. If it's a sweetened reduce the maple syrup accordingly.
- Maple syrup - Adjust the sweetness to taste. A Medjool date can be used instead. You might not need any sweetener if the banana is really ripe and sweet.
You could also add some protein powder, greens like spinach or kale, or spices like pumpkin spice, nutmeg, ginger or cinnamon to amp up the flavor if you want to.
How To Make a Pumpkin Chocolate Smoothie
As with most smoothies, this Pumpkin Chocolate Smoothie is extremely easy to make. Just throw everything in a blender and a minute or two later you will be in breakfast heaven. Use more or less milk to adjust the consistency to your liking.
Prepping In Advance
Get some small silicone bags and prep your smoothie in advance. Add everything except the milk and maple syrup to the bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When you want a smoothie, remove from the freezer, add the contents of the bag to your blender, then add the milk and maple syrup. Because everything is frozen you will need a little extra milk.
Serve Pumpkin Chocolate Smoothie in a glass, or as a smoothie bowl with lots of lovely toppings like sliced banana or other fresh fruits, roasted pumpkin chunks, chocolate shavings, cacao nibs, shredded coconut, nut butter, date caramel, nuts, seeds, vegan yogurt etc.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Pumpkin Chocolate SmoothieAuthor:
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder , or cacao
- ½ cup (8 tablespoons) pumpkin puree
- 1 slightly heaping tablespoon tahini , or nut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup , or 1 pitted Medjool date
- ¾ cup (180 ml) plant milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience. The data is a computer generated estimate and should be used as a guide only.