Overnight Oats Chunky Monkey Style! We're talking banana, nuts, chocolate & creamy oatmeal because everyone deserves to wake up to that combo! There is no cooking involved at all. Make up a batch in minutes, store them in the fridge & they are perfect for quick, healthy breakfasts on the go!
Stressful mornings. Something no one likes. That's where Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats come in!
The flavour and texture of Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats is amazing. Banana, nuts, chocolate and a date that magically turns almost caramel-y are the perfect combo.
Make up a batch in minutes on Sunday evening. No cooking involved. Pop them in the fridge and voila. Breakfast is ready when you need it the next day and for up to 3 to 4 days later if you want it to be.
If you invest in some wide-mouthed mason jars you don't even need to put the oatmeal in a bowl. Just eat straight from the jar or grab the jar from the fridge and take it to work with you for later! I've got lots of other overnight oat recipes too. I highly recommend you try Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats next!
Here's what you will be needing to make Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats:
I use these 16oz mason jars to make mine in. The shape is perfect and they are really easy to eat out of.
How to make Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats
(For detailed measurements and instructions, see the printable recipe card).
Making Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats is really easy! Here's how it's done:
- Mash some banana and put into a jar or bowl
- Pour in some oats, chia seeds, a chopped date, a pinch of salt, some chopped nuts, some chocolate chips, vanilla, milk and optional maple syrup
- Stir or put the lid on and shake then place in the fridge and leave for at least 6 hours or up to 3 days
Yep, you heard it right, unlike regular oatmeal like my coconut milk oatmeal, no cooking is involved!
How to serve
Overnight oats are usually served chilled straight from the fridge. Some people don't like the thought of eating their oatmeal cold, but it really isn't like eating cooked oatmeal cold. That's wouldn't be pleasant at all. Because overnight oats haven't been cooked, you don't get that thick, gloopy texture that would be off-putting with previously cooked oats. If you are dead-set against it though, you can warm them up. Pop them in the microwave for a minute or two or warm gently in a pan.
Basic overnight oats last for up to 5 days in the fridge. But, because of the mashed banana in these Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats they will only keep for 3 days.
Hungry for more?
For more overnight oatmeal recipes check out these great options:
Chunky Monkey Overnight OatsAuthor:
- Mason Jars 16 oz
- You need either 2 mason jars or 2 small bowls with lids. Mash the banana with a fork. Add ½ to each mason jar or small bowl.
- Then add ½ a cup of oats, 1 tablespoon of chia seeds, a small pinch of salt, 1 date broken up into little pieces, 1 to 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and nuts, ¾ cup (180 ml) milk to each jar/bowl. Maple syrup is optional. If you add it the oats are really sweet. I personally find it sweet enough without.
- Stir them really well, or put the lid on and give them a good shake. If using a bowl, cover with cling wrap. Transfer to the fridge and leave for at least 6 hours or up to 2 to 3 days. Eat straight from the fridge or warm gently if preferred.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.