A really simple and super tasty, completely oil-free Strawberry Vinaigrette. The flavour is amazing - Such a lovely balance of sweet & tangy. It's ready in only a couple of minutes & perfect when drizzled over fresh leafy greens!
This Strawberry Vinaigrette is so good! It kind of blew me away when I tasted it straight out of the blender the first time I made it. It's light, fresh, summery, fruity and bursting with flavour, and I have eaten it with salad for dinner every day for 4 days straight now.
Salad needs dressing. It's kind of boring without. And if I'm going to want to eat it, then it has to come with a really great dressing. And that dressing needs to be easy to make. No faffing about.
This Strawberry Vinaigrette meets all those requirements. It's made in literally a minute or two and it's thick and clingy and super healthy too. It's full of fruit and contains absolutely no oil, which also makes it really low in calories.
This Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette has just a few, simple, regular ingredients:
- balsamic vinegar
- apple sauce
- maple syrup or sugar
- salt & pepper
How to make Strawberry Vinaigrette
This oil-free fruity vinaigrette is really easy to make. Simply add everything to a blender and blend until smooth. Add a little water to thin if necessary and check the seasoning, then you're done!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Oil-free Strawberry VinaigretteAuthor:
- 1 heaping cup (140 grams) fresh strawberries , (frozen strawberries can be used out of season but the flavour won't be as good).
- ¼ cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup (60 ml) unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup (120 ml) water , plus more to thin as needed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup , or sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper , plus more to taste
- Wash and hull the strawberries then add to a blender with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Add more water if you prefer a thinner dressing and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Pour into a sealed container and keep refrigerated.