A really simple and super tasty, completely oil-free Strawberry Vinaigrette. The flavour is amazing - Such a lovely balance of sweet & tangy. It's ready in only a couple of minutes & perfect when drizzled over fresh leafy greens!
This Strawberry Vinaigrette is so good! It kind of blew me away when I tasted it straight out of the blender the first time I made it. It's light, fresh, summery, fruity and bursting with flavour, and I have eaten it with salad for dinner every day for 4 days straight now.
Salad needs dressing. It's kind of boring without. And if I'm going to want to eat it, then it has to come with a really great dressing. And that dressing needs to be easy to make. No faffing about.
This Strawberry Vinaigrette meets all those requirements. It's made in literally a minute or two and it's thick and clingy and super healthy too. It's full of fruit and contains absolutely no oil, which also makes it really low in calories.
Ingredient & equipment notes
This Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette has just a few, simple, regular ingredients:
- balsamic vinegar
- apple sauce
- maple syrup or sugar
- salt & pepper
How to make Strawberry Vinaigrette
For detailed measurements and instructions, see the printable recipe card.
This oil-free fruity vinaigrette is really easy to make in just a couple of very easy steps. Here's how!
Step 1 - Add all of the ingredients to a blender. I use my Blendtec but a high-powered blender is not essential because everything going in is pretty easy to blend up.
Step 2 - Blend it all up
Step 3 - Add a little more water if you want it a little thinner and have a quick taste to check the seasoning, then pour it into a bottle or jar.
Hungry for more?
If you love my Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette recipe, check out these great salad dressing recipes too:
Oil-free Strawberry VinaigretteAuthor:
- 140g / 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries , (frozen strawberries can be used out of season but the flavour won't be as good).
- 60 ml / ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 ml / ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 120 ml / ½ cup water , plus more to thin as needed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup , or sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper , plus more to taste
- Wash and hull the strawberries then add to a blender with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Add more water if you prefer a thinner dressing and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Pour into a sealed container and keep refrigerated.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.