A really simple and super tasty, completely oil-free Strawberry Vinaigrette. The flavour is amazing – Such a lovely balance of sweet & tangy. It’s ready in only a couple of minutes & perfect when drizzled over fresh leafy greens!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
There is a really great, fresh and summery salad coming your way very soon, but today we need to back up a little to the salad dressing, because this Strawberry Vinaigrette is so good!
It kind of blew me away when I tasted it straight out of the blender the first time I made it. It’s light, fresh, summery, fruity and bursting with flavour, and I have eaten it with salad for dinner every day for 4 days straight now.
I absolutely adore strawberries as you can probably tell by all of the recipes which use them here on AVV. There are my Strawberry Popsicles, my Strawberry Sweet Roll Mug Cake, my Strawberry Baked Oatmeal plus many more. Until now though there hasn’t been a savoury recipe.
Salad needs dressing. It’s kind of boring without. And if I’m going to want to eat it, then it has to come with a really great dressing. And that dressing needs to be easy to make. No faffing about.
This Strawberry Vinaigrette meets all those requirements. It’s made in literally a minute or two and it’s thick and clingy and super healthy too. It’s full of fruit and contains absolutely no oil, which also makes it really low in calories.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE
SEE MY VIDEO FOR A VISUAL GUIDE. FOR INGREDIENTS & FULL INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST
This Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette has just a few, simple, regular ingredients:
- balsamic vinegar
- apple sauce
- maple syrup or sugar
- salt & pepper
It’s really easy to make in just a couple of very easy steps. Here’s how!
Add all of the ingredients to a blender. I use my Blendtec but a high powered blender is not essential because everything going in is pretty easy to blend up.
Blend it all up
Add a little more water if you want it a little thinner and have a quick taste to check the seasoning, then pour it into a bottle or jar.
It’s that easy!
Serve your homemade Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette drizzled over your favourite leafy greens for a super tasty salad and watch out for my new salad recipe which uses it, coming soon!
I am loving this Strawberry Vinaigrette because its:
- quick and easy to make
- super healthy
- fresh and summery
- tangy and sweet
- incredibly tasty
- great for using up slightly bruised & battered strawberries
- perfect for jazzing up a boring salad!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you did, be a ☆ and let me know what you think by rating it and commenting below. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @avirtualvegan and my hashtag is #avirtualvegan
Oil-free Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 140g / 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries , (frozen strawberries can be used out of season but the flavour won't be as good).
- 60 ml / ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 ml / ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 120 ml / ½ cup water , plus more to thin as needed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup , or sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper , plus more to taste
- Wash and hull the strawberries then add to a blender with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Add more water if you prefer a thinner dressing and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Pour into a sealed container and keep refrigerated.