A really simple and super tasty, completely oil-free Strawberry Vinaigrette. The flavour is amazing - Such a lovely balance of sweet & tangy. It's ready in only a couple of minutes & perfect when drizzled over fresh leafy greens!
This Strawberry Vinaigrette is so good! It kind of blew me away when I tasted it straight out of the blender the first time I made it. It's light, fresh, summery, fruity and bursting with flavour, and I have eaten it with salad for dinner every day for 4 days straight now.
Salad needs dressing. It's kind of boring without. And if I'm going to want to eat it, then it has to come with a really great dressing. And that dressing needs to be easy to make. No faffing about.
This Strawberry Vinaigrette meets all those requirements. It's made in literally a minute or two and it's thick and clingy and super healthy too. It's full of fruit and contains absolutely no oil, which also makes it really low in calories.
What ingredients & equipment do I need?
This Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette has just a few, simple, regular ingredients:
- balsamic vinegar
- apple sauce
- maple syrup or sugar
- salt & pepper
How to make Strawberry Vinaigrette
For detailed measurements and instructions, see the printable recipe card.
This oil-free fruity vinaigrette is really easy to make in just a couple of very easy steps. Here's how!
Step 1 - Add all of the ingredients to a blender. I use my Blendtec but a high-powered blender is not essential because everything going in is pretty easy to blend up.
Step 2 - Blend it all up
Step 3 - Add a little more water if you want it a little thinner and have a quick taste to check the seasoning, then pour it into a bottle or jar.
Hungry for more?
If you love my Oil-Free Strawberry Vinaigrette recipe, check out these great salad dressing recipes too:
Subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too. Also be sure to check out my cookbook Vegan Comfort Cooking for even more recipes!
Oil-free Strawberry VinaigretteAuthor:
- 140g / 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries , (frozen strawberries can be used out of season but the flavour won't be as good).
- 60 ml / ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 ml / ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 120 ml / ½ cup water , plus more to thin as needed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup , or sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt , plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper , plus more to taste
- Wash and hull the strawberries then add to a blender with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Add more water if you prefer a thinner dressing and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Pour into a sealed container and keep refrigerated.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.