Homemade Larabar Mint Chip Brownie Balls! Made in minutes with a handful of wholesome plant-based ingredients. They taste like chewy mint chocolate brownies & are perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
These bite-sized Larabar Mint Chip Brownie Balls are quick and easy to make, naturally gluten-free, last for ages in the fridge or freezer, and are just the ticket when you need a nutritious snack that satisfies your mint chocolate cravings!
You need just 5 ingredients to make this easy recipe:
- Dates: For sweetness, texture, and to stick everything together.
- Almonds: For a delicious nutty flavor, healthy fats, and a satisfying crunch.
- Chocolate Chips - I like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe. Many semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips are naturally vegan/dairy-free and easy to find in any grocery store.
- Cocoa powder: For chocolatey flavor. You could use cacao powder instead.
- Peppermint Extract: A cool burst of peppermint extract complements the rich chocolate perfectly and makes these chocolate energy balls feel a little festive! You can use a few drops of food-grade peppermint oil instead.
- Salt: Just a pinch to balance the sweetness and elevate all of the other flavors.
How To Make Larabar Mint Chip Brownie Balls
Barely any instructions are needed. Simply pulse up the almonds until they look like coarse flour, then add everything else and blend until a sticky dough forms. Roll into balls and you're done!
If you don't want to roll the mixture into balls you could line a brownie pan with baking parchment, press the mixture into it, refrigerate, then cut into squares once it has firmed up a bit.
Tips For Storing
Store your mint chocolate energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month or freeze them for up to 3 months. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper first and freeze until solid, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container.
Yes! The Larabars we are replicating contain almonds but a mild nut such as cashews will work well too. I don't recommend using more strongly flavored nuts like walnuts or pecans because they will detract from the peppermint flavor.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Larabar Mint Chip Brownie BallsAuthor:
- Put the almonds in a food processor and blend until they look like coarse flour.
- Add the dates, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, peppermint extract, and salt and process again until well combined and a sticky dough forms. Add a few drops of water if needed to help bring it together.
- Taste a tiny bit and add more peppermint if required. Process again to combine if you do.
- Remove the blade and roll the dough into balls. About a tablespoon is a good amount but you can make them whatever size you like.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to one month, or freeze for up to 3 months. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper first and freeze until solid, then transfer to a freezer-safe bag or container.