These homemade Larabar Bites can be made in minutes and are full of wholesome plant-based ingredients. They taste like chewy mint chocolate brownies & are perfect for satisfying your sweet cravings!
Larabars are great but they aren’t cheap and they are so easy to make yourself. I spotted the new Mint Chocolate Truffle Larabar Bites recently and they look awesome. They are a little bit more decadent than regular Larabars and are more truffle-like, but they are pretty expensive for the amount you get in the bag. I knew that I could probably whip some Homemade Larabar Bites myself and they would be much more budget friendly.
I make my Peanut Butter Amazeballs a lot as they keep for ages in the fridge and are perfect for quick snacks and lunch box additions. These Homemade Larabar Bites are similar in style but are more dessert-like. They are perfect for when you feel like something sweet after dinner or for when chocolate cravings hit, which if you are like me, could be anytime!
SIMPLE WHOLESOME INGREDIENTS
These Homemade Larabar Bites are dairy-free, gluten-free and have only 6 ingredients. Dates, almonds, chocolate chips, cocoa, coconut flour, peppermint oil and water.
They are date based but don’t let that put you off. You really can’t taste the dates. They give the bites a lovely chewy, brownie like texture and mean that you don’t need to add any sweetener of any kind.
HOW TO MAKE THESE HOMEMADE LARABAR BITES
They are a breeze to make. Literally throw everything in a food processor and blend until smooth. Then you just have to shape them into balls and you’re done. I left mine just like that but you could also roll them in cocoa powder, dip them in chocolate or roll them in finely chopped almonds to make them look prettier if you wanted to.
If you don’t want to roll them into balls you could line a brownie pan with baking parchment, press the mixture into it, refrigerate, then cut into squares once it has firmed up a bit.
If you give these Homemade Truffle Larabar Bites a try be a star and let me know what you think in the comments section below. You can share your pics on Instagram too. Tag them with #avirtualvegan so I don’t miss them!
Mint Chocolate Truffle Larabar Bites
- 130g | 10 large medjool dates , pitted
- 200g | 1½ cups raw almonds
- 180g | 1 cup chocolate chips , I used semi-sweet dark ones
- 20g | ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 28g | ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon peppermint extract , or 5 - 10 drops peppermint oil, (start at the lower end of the scale then taste once it's mixed together. If you would prefer it a little stronger then add some more but do it very gradually)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Put the almonds in a food processor and blend until a fine flour.
- Add the dates, chocolate chips, coconut flour and cocoa and process again until well combined.
- Add the peppermint extract/oil and water.
- Process until well combined and balling up.
- Taste a tiny bit and add more peppermint if required. Process again to combine if you do,
- Remove the blade and form the dough into balls. You can make them whatever size you prefer. Mine were the size of walnuts.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They will keep for up to 3 weeks.