Melt in the mouth Chocolate Coconut Cream Cookies. Little morsels of deliciousness that taste like way more effort went into making them than it actually did!
I freely admit that I am a cookieoholic.
But I felt like I needed to have some here on my blog for the holidays so I sacrificed my cookie abstinence for you guys. It is all your fault that I had to eat these Chocolate Coconut Cream Cookies.
It’s a hard life but someone’s got to do it…..
The holidays wouldn’t be the same without cookies and these are sure to impress your friends and family. Great as a gift, for having on hand to offer unexpected visitors or simply to munch on yourself.
When we lived in England I cooked a lot for friends, family and visitors. Now we live on the other side of the world to all of the people we are closest to I don’t get to do it often. Part of the reason I started blogging was so that I could share my food again and the plus side of sharing my food with you guys is that you don’t come and eat it all so I get more cookies!
Chocolate and coconut is such an amazing combination and it certainly doesn’t disappoint in these Chocolate Coconut Cream Cookies. With creamy and delicious chocolate and coconut cream sandwiched between beautifully short, coconut flecked cookies it’s hard to believe that these cookies are actually dairy and egg free.
These Chocolate Coconut Cream Cookies come together easily and quickly in a food processor and the chocolate & coconut cream is whipped up by hand in a minute or two. They take no time at all to make and are totally and utterly delicious.
I can’t wait to hear what you think. Let me know whether you made them, hid in a dark corner and scarfed them all yourself, or whether you actually managed to share them with somebody…anybody….
Send me your awesome cookie pictures on Instagram or Twitter (or both!) I am @avirtualvegan. Use the #avirtualvegan on Instragram so I don’t miss them.
Chocolate & Coconut Cream Cookies
For the cookies
- 100g | 1/2 cup coconut oil (unrefined/virgin will give a better coconut flavour)
- 100g | 1/2 cup sugar (I used raw cane sugar but any light sugar will work)
- 160g | 1¼ cups unbleached all purpose flour (I scooped and then level with the back of a knife)
- 30g | 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons non dairy milk , you might not need the milk at all
- Put the coconut oil and the sugar into a food processor and process until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the flour and coconut and pulse until well combined.
- If it squeezes together well in your hand then you do not need to add the milk. If it needs a little help add some a drop at a time then pulse unit you can squeeze it together.
- Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on your work surface and gently roll out the dough to about 3 - 4 mm thick and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Squeeze any remaining dough together and roll out again until you have used it all but try to get as much out of each batch as you can.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until just starting to colour around the edges and on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack. They will firm up as they cool.
- Put the coconut butter in a small bowl or jar and sit it in a bowl of hot water or microwave it very gently until it softens and is easy to stir and is like very soft butter consistency.
- Stir the cocoa into the coconut butter then stir in the powdered sugar.
- Add the milk and stir well again until smooth and creamy.
- When the cookies are completely cool, sandwich them together with some of the chocolate coconut cream and dust the tops with a little powdered sugar to make them look pretty.