Hands down THE best Vegan Banana Pancakes. They are soft, fluffy, super delicious and so simple to make, from scratch, in a blender. This is an essential, keep handy in your back pocket, recipe that everyone needs for an easy, yet decadent breakfast!
Today is dedicated to simple, made from scratch, soft, fluffy and delicious Vegan Banana Pancakes that are just the right amount of sweet, and are hands down, melt in your mouth, YUM.
I usually like all the toppings when I eat pancakes but I like to serve these quite simply. We're talking a generous knob of vegan butter and a heavy handed drizzle of maple syrup. The banana flavour comes through really well and is enhanced by the cinnamon and hint of nutmeg. It's almost like eating sticky, syrupy, banana bread.
As you are probably well aware, the not so perfect vegan pancake situation is all too common, especially when you add extra moistness in the form of banana. They often end up gummy and slightly damp.
My banana pancake game is strong though, and the texture of these is absolutely spot on.
If you aren't into bananas though, check out my Vegan Pancakes for One, my Gingerbread Pancakes, or my Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes instead and if you prefer savoury breakfasts why not make my Vegan Scrambled Eggs?
For now though, we have breakfast heaven right here and once you've tasted a plate of this hot, banana-y, syrup soaked fluffy goodness, your ordinary, plain pancakes might well become a thing of the past.
We're talking a maximum fluff situation. Just call me the fluff-master.
Ok, maybe not ...
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BANANA PANCAKES
SEE MY VIDEO FOR A VISUAL GUIDE. FOR INGREDIENTS & FULL INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST
Want to know how easy it is to make my Vegan Banana Pancakes?
Well here's how:
Step 1 - Dump everything in a blender and blend it all up.
Step 2 - Leave the batter to sit for 10 minutes while you preheat the pan/griddle.
Step 3 - Grease the pan/griddle. See my recipe notes regarding what works best.
Step 4 - Pour the batter into rounds on the griddle/pan and let cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook a bit more.
Once the batter is fresh on the griddle/pan, if you want to you can add some optional extras. Chocolate chips or blueberries work particularly well. Just poke them into the uncooked batter before flipping.
Serve with toppings of choice like:
These Vegan Banana Pancakes are:
- Fat, soft and fluffy
- Full of yummy banana, cinnamon and nutmeg flavour
- Super easy and quick to make
- And I think the best pancakes I have ever made!
A NOTE ON MEASURING FLOUR FOR BEST RESULTS
As always with any of my recipes involving flour, I highly recommend that you weigh it. Cup measurements are not accurate enough to get the best results.
If you do need to use cups, spoon the flour into the cup then level off the top with a knife without compacting it or shaking it down. By doing it like this you will get roughly the correct amount. If you scoop the flour up into the cup, you will end up with much more than is needed and it will affect the outcome of the recipe. Digital scales are available at most big superstores now and you can pick one up for around $10. They are a great investment and are so worth having!
Hungry for more?
Love pancakes? Then be sure to check out my:
- Vegan Blueberry Pancake
- Vegan Spelt Pancakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gingerbread Pancakes
- Vegan English Pancakes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
Ooops. I think I might have a slight pancake obsession....
And if you love this recipe, please do check out my cookbook, and subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too!
The Best Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 240 ml / 1 cup unsweetened non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon oil of choice , or cashew butter for oil free but they won't be quite as light and fluffy
- 1 medium banana, peeled , weighing around 170 g in it's skin
- 200 g / 1½ cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour , or spelt flour (see the recipe notes re measuring the flour). If you are in the UK use plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda in the UK)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender . It blends up much easier if you add the liquid ingredients first, followed by the dry ingredients. If you don't have a blender you can make them by hand. I will include instructions at the end.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth. Don't over blend. turn it off as soon as everything is smooth and combined. It should take less than a minute.
- Leave the batter to rest for at least 10 minutes. It will be thick. Don't be tempted to thin it. While it rests, preheat your griddle to medium (about 325 °f) or use a skillet or frying pan .
- Lightly grease (with a little oil or vegan butter) the pan/griddle with a brush, then pour the batter on in rounds, about 1 ladle full per pancake or roughly ⅓ of a cup. Leave to cook until bubbles appear all over the top and begin to pop, then flip very gently.
- Allow to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden then remove from the pan and serve immediately.
To make by hand:
- Mash the banana really, really well until it is a puree consistency. Beat it together with the milk and oil until combined well.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl, whisk them together, then gradually pour in the milk, stirring as you go to work out the lumps. Stir until all of the flour is absorbed and the batter is smooth, then leave to rest for 10 minutes before carrying on as above.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
Be sure to check out my recipe index where you can browse and filter recipes by meal type, category and dietary preference.