Start your day with this healthy & incredibly delicious Mango Banana Smoothie. It's thick, creamy, sweet, and perfect for a quick, easy, and filling breakfast.
If your breakfasts are stuck in a rut and you need something fresh, nutritious, delicious, and easy, then this Mango Banana Smoothie is here for you.
This delicious and nutritious easy smoothie recipe is the perfect way to start your day. Cashews give it staying power, banana and frozen mango make it super creamy, and warming spices like turmeric, ginger, cardamom, and vanilla. make it feel surprisingly cozy.
In this Mango Banana Smoothie recipe post:
Ingredients & Substitutions
In the blender, we've got mango, banana, nut or seed butter (or raw nuts), chia seeds, spices (use my suggestions or swap them out for your faves), dairy-free milk, and sweetener of choice. Either maple syrup or a date. If your banana is extra spotty and ripe, or you don't have much of a sweet tooth, this isn't always necessary.
Any plant milk such as almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk can be used. Orange juice works well as a sub.
When it comes to the frozen fruit you can either use frozen mango chunks or frozen banana. One should be frozen and one should be fresh (your choice which), so your smoothie doesn't end up too thick and is easily blendable.
Everything else in this tropical smoothie is pretty flexible too. Not got chia seeds? Use hemp seeds or flax seeds instead. No cashews? Add a tablespoon of nut butter such as cashew butter or peanut butter. No mango? Check out my Vegan Banana Smoothie instead.
How To Make a Mango Banana Smoothie
Like all vegan smoothie recipes, this Mango Banana Smoothie is quick and easy to make. Throw everything in a blender, pour into a glass or mason jar and you're done. It's ready in minutes. If you want to turn it into a smoothie bowl use less milk when blending so it's extra thick then top it with toppings of choice like vegan granola, fresh fruit, etc.
SMOOTHIE SUCCESS TIP - For the very best, flavor-packed, smooth, and creamy smoothie, don't add ice. Ice makes smoothies watery and dilutes their flavor. Frozen fruit, on the other hand, chills the smoothie as well as making it really thick and creamy without diluting the flavor.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Mango Banana SmoothieAuthor:
- 1 medium banana
- 1 heaping cup frozen mango pieces (or 1 fresh mango and use a frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter , or 2 tablespoons raw nuts or seeds
- 1 cup (240 ml) plant milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds , or flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamon , or cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger or a small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or 1 large medjool date , optional
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth. Add the optional maple syrup/date if some extra sweetness is required.
- Adjust the milk to customize the thickness of your smoothie. Less milk to make it thicker or more milk to make it thinner.
Delicious, thank you very much! XOXO
joti baral says
Love the recipe. Can't wait to try it.
This smoothie was a delicious way to start the day!