Start your day with this nourishing & incredibly delicious Glowing Skin Smoothie. It is packed with antioxidants & will leave you looking & feeling radiant both inside & out!
Becoming vegan has probably been one of the best things I have ever done for my skin. It was never that great before and tended to be greasy, dull and lacklustre. I also suffered terribly from eczema. After about six months of being vegan my eczema had gone and the skin on my face was clear, bright and healthy looking for the first time ever.
I've learnt that you really are what you eat. Skin cells are constantly being shed and replaced by new ones and the micronutrients in the food you eat help support this process. Eat healthy, nutritious foods and you will give your skin all the nutrients it needs to stay looking healthy.
All of the ingredients in this Glowing Skin Smoothie are beneficial to the skin. We're talking rich cashews, sweet mango, creamy banana, chia seeds and a subtle hint of spice from turmeric, ginger, cardamon and vanilla.
The combination of sweet fruit, creamy cashew nuts and fragrant spices is so good, and they all contain a variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats which are great for you inside and out.
The benefits they bring include increased collagen production, a reduction in inflammation, protection from free radicals and sun damage and also reduced toxins in the body through improved digestion.
As well as coming with all of these benefits, this Glowing Skin Smoothie tastes amazing. I have been alternating between this and my Luscious Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie for the past week or so and they are both up there as my favourite smoothies of all time.
I’d love to know what you think of this mango smoothie recipe – let me know in the comments!
For more smoothies, check out these great options:
- Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- Creamy Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Tahini Pumpkin Smoothie
- Ginger Peach Smoothie
- Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie
And if you love this recipe, please do checkout my cookbook, and subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Being on the list means you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too!
Glowing Skin Smoothie
- ¼ cup cashew nut pieces or 1 very heaping ¼ cup of whole ones about 38g
- 1 cup | 240mls water , or coconut water for an extra skin boost!
- 1 medium banana
- 1 very heaping cup frozen mango pieces around 140g, see recipe notes if you only have fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds , OPTIONAL
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger or a small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or 1 large medjool date
- If you do not have a high powered blender soak the cashew nuts for 15 minutes in boiling water or for 2 hours in cold water (this method will preserve the nutrients) then drain.
- Add the cashew nuts to a blender with the water and blend until smooth. You just made cashew milk!
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until smooth.
- Serve with an optional sprinkle of cardamon and turmeric to make it look pretty!