Published: · Modified: ·
Fresh juicy peaches & fragrant, warm fresh ginger combine to make this beautiful, fresh, summery & uplifting Ginger Peach Smoothie.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here
Rather depressingly the end of Summer is nearing and although I love fall, I will miss the bountiful summer fruits. I love all fruit, but juicy ripe peaches are one of my favourites and I haven’t used them in any recipes so far this year. Last year there was my Peach Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and I couldn’t let this year go by without another recipe.
This Ginger Peach Smoothie comes together with just four ingredients, five if you add a little maple syrup for extra sweetness although this is completely dependent on how sweet the fruit you are using is. It should be sweet but not too sweet. Sometimes you will need it, sometimes you won’t.
It is a great recipe for using up overripe or bruised peaches that inevitably happen from time to time.
Peach and ginger are a wonderful combination. The fragrant warmth of the ginger works perfectly with the peach flavour to create a naturally sweet, rich and dreamy smoothie.
When you drink this Ginger Peach Smoothie, you first get the sweet hit from the peach then the slight heat from the ginger comes through after.
It’s refreshing but also has a comforting warmth and it makes a perfect start to the day.
Hopefully the weather wherever you are is being kind, but if not, this uplifting and cheery Ginger Peach Smoothie will bring a little sunshine to your day.
I have been trying to take it a little easier since I came back from my vacation. I was so frazzled before I went and I don’t want to get like that again. So, I am trying to get to bed earlier most nights and enjoy a little ‘me’ time in the sun whenever I can.
I didn’t realize until I went on my vacation that I hadn’t read a book since I started A Virtual Vegan (that is now about 16 months ago)! Before this crazy blog took over my life I was somebody who used to get through at least one, maybe two novels a week! So, as well as more sleep and more ‘me’ time, I want to read again. I started this new ritual by sitting on my lounger, in my back yard on my day off work last Tuesday, with a new book (The Girl on the Train) and this Ginger Peach Smoothie.
I managed an hour then ended up back in the kitchen with a brand new recipe idea!
Reason To Love Ginger Peach Smoothies:
- Pretty, pretty pretty… The color just makes you smile!
- Super healthy
- Easy to make
- Great for using up overripe peaches and bananas
- Super quick…anything that makes mornings easier is a good thing!
For more smoothies, check out these great options:
- Healthy Chocolate Smoothie
- Creamy Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate Tahini Pumpkin Smoothie
- Glowing Skin Smoothie
- Luscious Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie
And if you love this recipe, please do checkout my cookbook, and subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Being on the list means you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you did, be a ☆ and let me know what you think by rating it and commenting below. Tag me on Instagram too. I am @avirtualvegan and my hashtag is #avirtualvegan
Ginger Peach Smoothie
- 2 ripe juicy peaches , pits removed - (You can use frozen peaches but if you do use a fresh banana and not a frozen one)
- 1 medium very ripe medium banana (fresh or frozen)
- 180mls | ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 2½ inches long stick fresh ginger , roughly x ½inch wide
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 5 cubes of ice , if not using a frozen banana
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender . Start with only half of the ginger if you like a more subtle flavour and leave the maple syrup for now as you might not need it if your fruit is very sweet.
- Blend until smooth and taste.
- Add more ginger if you want a little more spice and add the maple syrup if it isn't quite sweet enough.
- Blend again.
- Serve immediately