These Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pops are quick & easy to prepare & full of zingy lemony cheesecake flavour. They are packed with healthy ingredients & perfect for some cool refreshment this summer!
Today I am sharing the ultimate warm weather treat. Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pops. No lie. They really do taste like cheesecake. I got the idea from my Luscious Lemon Cheesecake Smoothie. If you have tried that you will know just how unbelievably delicious it is. Well this my friends, is basically the same recipe with a few minor tweaks, so you can rest assured that they will be equally delicious.
I ordered an ice-pop mold right after I created the smoothie because I just knew the recipe would work so well as Lemon Cheesecake Ice-Pops. And it does!
The best thing about these Ice-Pops is of course the taste, but also the ingredients. They are packed full of healthy things like fresh lemon, pecan nuts, mango, turmeric, apple cider vinegar and chickpeas. Yes, I even managed to disguise some chickpeas in ice-pops! Honestly though there is no way you would ever know. Just like you would have no clue that they are in my Vegan New York Cheesecake. Secretive little blighters they are! ????
These Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pops are sweet and tart all at the same time. Zingy, lemony, cheesecake-y and they have little cookie crumb coated bottoms. Except it's not really cookie crumbs. Ssshhhh!
If you don't tell anyone I won't either.....
They are also super easy to make. All the work is done in a blender in minutes. The hard part is waiting for them to freeze but if you suddenly lose all control and can't be bothered to wait, the mixture tastes amazing just as it is.
So when it's hot and you are craving something cold and citrusy, make up a batch of these delicious Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pops. They are good for snacks, dessert or even breakfast!
If you don't have ice pop molds then see my recipe notes. You can make them in paper cups instead and if you do want to buy some ice pop molds I can highly recommend these Onyx ones. I have always had plastic ones before but end up buying a new set every year as they inevitably get get caught against the top of the freezer when the drawer is pulled in and out and someone hasn't put them in properly. These are a little pricey but hopefully should last forever. Better for my wallet in the long run and also for the environment. Plus they stand up nice and firm and won't fall over. I've had that happen a few times with others. (This post is not sponsored by Onyx. I just really like these molds!).
Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pops
- 60g / ½ cup chopped pecan nuts , measured as pieces not whole
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 medium juicy lemon
- 240mls / 1 cup coconut milk , full fat makes the pops creamier but light works ok
- 40g / ¼ cup chickpeas , from a can or cooked dried ones
- 150g / 1 cup frozen mango pieces
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon salt , plus a pinch
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Put the pecan nuts, 1 date and a pinch of salt in the blender and process until crumb like cookie crumbs. Take out about ½ and set aside. Leave the rest in the blender.
- Zest the lemon and add it to the blender, then remove the remaining peel and white pith with a sharp knife (you can see how I do it in my video above). Discard the peel and pith and add the whole lemon to the blender.
- Add everything else and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ice-pop molds then sprinkle on the pecan crumbs you set aside evenly between them all. Press the crumbs down lightly with a finger so they get embedded a little bit.
- Freeze until solid.
- To remove either hold with a warm hand or dip into a cup or small jug of cold water for a few seconds. They should then pull out easily.