Rich, smooth, creamy mango banana ice cream that is healthy enough to eat for breakfast! All the texture/flavour of real ice cream but made with pretty much 100% real fruit!
Who doesn't love ice cream? And now that the weather is warming up it's the perfect time to indulge.
Except that with this ice cream you will feel like you are indulging in a rich, smooth, creamy dessert when in fact you are just eating a bowl of fruit! How good is that? It's so healthy that you can even enjoy it for breakfast. It's great with some chocolate coconut granola or plain vegan granola sprinkled all over the top for crunchy contrast!
Even better news is that, just like with my No Churn Any Berry Sorbet and my Easy Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars, you don't need an ice cream maker. A food processor or a powerful blender will do the job perfectly and you need just 3 ingredients.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Mango Banana Ice CreamAuthor:
- Peel and cut the mangos into cubes.
- Peel and slice a banana
- Put the mango and the banana pieces on a small baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or baking parchment.
- Freeze (I always do this at least the day before I make my ice cream but you could probably get away with a few hours before). Once they have been in the freezer and gone solid you can either use them right way or transfer them to a freezer bag or container of some kind if you are leaving them longer. This will ensure they don't get freezer burn.
- When you are ready to make your ice cream place your frozen fruit into the bowl of a food processor or powerful high speed blender. I the fruit is a little stuck in the container just run a little warm water over the outside of the container. This will loosen it enough for you to get it out.
- Add the plant milk and blend/process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides if needed. It will take a few minutes to become smooth and creamy.
- Give it a little taste to check the sweetness. Often there is no need to add any sweetener but it depends on the sweetness of the mangos so feel free to add a few drops of liquid Stevia, maple syrup or other liquid sweetener of choice to suit your tastes. Just process for a minute after you add it. Serve immediately.