Moist, soft & fluffy, oil-free Baked Pumpkin Orange Donuts. Baked to perfection then rolled in sugar. So easy to make & no mixer required! All you need is a spoon & a bowl. No donut pan? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered, but just so’s you know….everything tastes better in donut shape! ;O)
You can always tell when fall has arrived as everywhere you turn there are pumpkin and pumpkin spiced recipes. I have done my fair share of pumpkinny baking and creating recently. I gave my Pumpkin Pie with Caramel Sauce a revamp a few weekends ago, replacing the old and rather unappealing pictures with lovely new ones, and I published my Chocolate Tahini Pumpkin Smoothie. Have you tried that one yet? It’s a seriously good way to start the day!
I also dusted off my neglected donut pan and put it to good use again by baking these Pumpkin Orange Donuts.
Is pumpkin orange a flavour combination you have tried before?
I hadn’t until now, but the two work absolutely perfectly together. Just the zest is used and the flavour cuts through the pumpkin and the sugar, adding a refreshing citrus burst. It’s a truly irresistible combo!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Moist, soft & fluffy, oil-free Baked Pumpkin Orange Donuts. Baked to perfection then rolled in sugar. ” quote=”Moist, soft & fluffy, oil-free Pumpkin Orange Donuts. Baked to perfection then rolled in sugar. #vegan “]
These donuts come together really quickly and easily. All you have to do it put the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet in another, then combine. Just like making muffins. They bake up really quickly too and are fantastic eaten fresh from the oven!
The recipe for these Baked Pumpkin Orange Donuts is oil-free but to get the sugar to coat really well I found the most effective way is to brush them with a little melted coconut oil. You could easily skip this step if you really need to keep them completely oil-free. They will still taste amazing, the sugar just won’t stick quite as well.
I hope you enjoy these delicious, sugary Pumpkin Orange Donuts. Let me know what you think in the comments below or share a pic on Instagram and tag me @avirtualvegan. Use the #avirtualvegan to be sure I won’t miss them.
Baked Pumpkin Orange Donuts
- 60g / ¼ packed cup g cashew butter (almond, pecan or macadamia can be subbed but don't use peanut butter. the flavour is too strong.)
- 185mls / ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 75g / ⅓ cup pumpkin puree , (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large orange , zest only
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a donut pan lightly with oil (coconut oil or light olive oil are both ok) - If you don't have a donut pan see recipe notes
- Add all of the dry ingredients to large bowl
- Add the cashew nut butter and the pumpkin to a small bowl or jug and stir until well combined.
- Add the milk and orange zest to the pumpkin mixture and stir until smooth
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Don't over stir. Just enough that everything is combined and you can't see any dry four.
- Carefully spoon into the prepared pan
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool just long enough that you can handle the pan and donuts without burning yourself, then turn them out onto a cooling rack.
- Coat in sugar (see recipe notes)
Estimated nutrition per serving: