A really simple, flavourful & super juicy, Watermelon Mint Salad that will keep you feeling cool as a cucumber during the warmer summer months!
You are in for a treat today because we are right here with this summer dream of a Watermelon Mint Salad that will leave you feeling cool as a cucumber all summer long!
When it's hot, the last thing you want to do is deal with a load of prep work or cooking and this salad is ready in a flash. And it's super healthy and hydrating too .
Here is what you need to make Watermelon Mint Salad:
You'll notice this recipe doesn't include salt, and that's because it draws too much liquid out of the already pretty juicy watermelon and cucumber.
Success Tip - Seedless watermelon is my preference for salads because it looks better and there are no seeds to deal with when eating it.
How to make Watermelon Mint Salad
- Chop the watermelon, cucumber and fresh mint then place in a large bowl.
- Shake together the super basic dressing in a jar, then there's a quick toss it all together moment.
Done. Short. Simple. Easy. Told you. And that watermelon is dang clever cus it kind of makes its own dressing. Its juices seep out and mix with the other dressing ingredients to make it even better.
Even though it's so simple to make, people will be impressed when you whip out your watermelon salad at summer picnics and get-togethers, because it tastes so good.
Watermelon Salad is best eaten on the day it's made so try to scale my quantities up or down as necessary so you don't end up with much leftover.
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Watermelon Mint SaladAuthor:
- 5 cups (900 grams) watermelon , cubed
- 1 English cucumber , chopped into bite sized chunks
- 1 large handful fresh mint , shredded finely
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil , (omit for oil-free)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice , (or lime)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup , (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , or to taste
- vegan feta cheese , as much or as little as you like
- Add the chopped watermelon, cucumber and mint to a large salad bowl.
- Mix or shake the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup and black pepper up in a small jar or bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle over the optional feta if using, then serve immediately.