Don't be fooled by this Cauliflower Horseradish soup's deliciously creamy texture. It is actually extremely low in calories & has less than 2 grams of fat per serving. It's also ready in under 20 minutes!
This Creamy Cauliflower Horseradish Soup has got to be one of the easiest soups ever to make and it can be ready from start to finish in under twenty minutes. It is also extremely healthy and happens to have only about 145 calories per serving. As well as being low calorie it is also oil free, dairy free and gluten free.
Potatoes are a fantastic ingredient to add to your soups as when blended they become really creamy. They are used here in addition to the cauliflower, both to make the soup more filling and to thicken it. They also add to it's luxuriously creamy texture.
I didn't purposely set out to make a low calorie soup. It just kind of accidentally happened, but as it's Easter weekend it might be useful for all of us to have this recipe on hand. It will help make us feel slightly better about the copious amounts of chocolate we consume this weekend!
I love to serve this Creamy Cauliflower Horseradish Soup with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some caramelized onions or toasted pumpkin seeds. One of these toppings, along with the ubiquitous crusty bread makes a delicious, light and tasty meal.
If you make this Creamy Horseradish Soup (or any of my other recipes) share you pictures with me on Instagram. Use the hashtag #avirtualvegan so I don't miss them. You can also find me and share your pictures with me on Twitter or Facebook too. I love to see your creations!
If you love horseradish then you might want to make my Dilly Smashed Potatoes with Creamy Horseradish Dipping Sauce or my Beet, Lentil & Quinoa Burgers with Horseradish Sauce too.
Creamy Cauliflower Horseradish SoupAuthor:
- 1 medium cauliflower broken or chopped into pieces (stalks as well)
- 2 medium potatoes chopped , chopped
- 1 medium onion , chopped roughly
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 720mls | 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 240mls | 1 cup non-dairy milk (any kind as long as it is unsweetened)
- 2 - 4 teaspoons horseradish sauce (add to taste)
- salt & pepper
- Add the onion, potatoes, cauliflower, garlic, vegetable broth, milk and thyme into a large pan.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and continue cooking until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender (check with a fork or knife - it will take about 15 mins max).
- Transfer to a blender or use a stick blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Return to the pan and add the horseradish to taste. The quantity you will need depends on how hot the horseradish is and how pungent you want your soup. Keep tasting as you go until it's right for you.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.