Holiday season is here and if you've been wondering what some good gifts for vegans are I've got you covered! I have curated a collection of amazing gifts for vegans to help you check everyone off your list with the least fuss possible. In this vegan gift guide you'll find something for everyone at all price points and it can all be purchased from the comfort of your own home!
Frustrated by trying to find gifts for the vegans in your life? Gift buying is often a challenge. Add "vegan" to the equation and it suddenly becomes even more challenging when birthdays, the holidays and the office secret Santa comes along.
If you've been scratching your head wondering what the best gift to give a vegan is, don't worry because to help make life easier, I have put together this collection of amazing gifts for vegans. These vegan gift ideas are all items that I think any vegan would like to receive, and hopefully, it will help to get your shopping done in minimal time and with minimal stress.
All of the gifts here are free of animal products, suitable for the vegan lifestyle, and can be ordered for your vegan friends and family from the comfort of your own home. And that's because shopping from the sofa in my pyjamas with some tunes on in the background, maybe some festive cookies in the oven, in a very introverted, cozy way, is exactly how I like to do things.
You'll find everything from vegan chocolate and vegan snacks, to vegan cookbooks, eco-friendly candles, cruelty-free toiletries, herb gardens and even a fancy pressure cooker that's also a yogurt maker and slow cooker.
My vegan kitchenware essentials article is also a handy resource for gift ideas so be sure to check it out too.
The links in this post are affiliate links. Most link to Amazon because it's a store that people all around the world have access to and my audience is very diverse. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Some of these gifts for vegans I have myself and love, some I would really like (hellooo family...are you reading this??), and there is something to suit every budget so you can check everyone off your list, including your new vegan friend, with no trouble at all. Your gift recipient will be over the moon!
This collection of gifts for vegans is quite long so I've separated it into sections. You will find a table of contents below. Simply click on the section you want to see or just keep on scrolling to see everything (I see you people who have absolutely no clue what you are looking for but hope you'll know it when you see it ;O).
Please note that if the item linked to isn't available in your area, Amazon will attempt to show you a similar product that is available. Sometimes their choice is on point, other times it's a little weird! In the event of this happening I can't guarantee that what they select will be vegan.
Gifts for the vegan foodie
- The Very Good Butcher's is a local to me company that has expanded all across Canada and the US. Their Big Box of Plant-Based Meat is a great gift for anyone who loves to experiment with vegan "meats". Their products are full of flavor, much less processed than most vegan "meats' and have great "real" ingredients.
- For the gardening loving or mushroom loving vegan foodie, a mushroom growing kit is just perfect. I would love one of these!
- This giant box of snacks will keep your favourite vegan snack lover going for a while. So many tasty schnacky snacks!
- Grow herbs or veggies all year long in one of these indoor gardens! They come in 3 different colours, lots of different sizes to fit all spaces/situations and they can be purchased worldwide. Click and Grow are offering my readers a 10% discount. Purchase through my link and it will be automatically applied or use the discount code AVIRTUALVEGAN10. To be able to grab some fresh herbs to flavour or garnish meals whenever you want, or be able to pick lettuce leaves or tomatoes right off the plant for your sandwich or salad all year long is such a treat!
- My favourite salt of all time. Maldon Sea Salt Flakes is a premium flaky salt this is incredibly delicious and just perfect for finishing food and drinks. The smoked one is incredible too. Perfect as a stocking filler!
- I always have some of this Heartbeat hot sauce on the go. It is so good!
- I LOVE coffee and Kicking Horse is my favourite brand. It is so smooth and flavourful. Kick Ass and Cliff Hanger are my go-tos.
- Numi World Of Tea Gift Set is the perfect gift for the tea lover in your life. Their tea is delicious, organic and they are one of the few tea companies that don't use plastic in their tea bags.
- Who doesn't love chocolate? This variety pack from Theo is delicious, dairy-free and has some awesome flavours.
Gifts for the vegan homebody
- A beautiful candle in a gorgeous fluted glass jar. These look so pretty when they are burning. I put my candle jars in the freezer when they're done, pop out the wax with a knife and reuse the jars. Pretty ones like this make great planters for small houseplants.
- Snuggle up with this cozy and stylish chunky wool-free blanket. Perfect for chilly evenings!
- Perfect if you want to really splash out on the coffee lover. I've had this Breville Barista Express for a few years now and it makes the best coffee!
- I have this exact Avocado Oodie and I love it (other designs are available). One size really does fit all and while you might look a little ridiculous while wearing it, and they certainly aren't lightweight, they are the softest, warmest coziest thing EVER. My dogs constantly try to steal it to cuddle up with.
- Enjoy a drink from these Forest Animal Whiskey Glasses.
- Natural and not highly perfumed coconut bath soak, just right for pampering sensitive skin. When buying vegan beauty products it's always wise to stick to those suitable for sensitive skin then you know they should be ok no matter what.
- The perfect doormat for the person who loves being at home!
- We have these Sonos speakers dotted around the house for listening to music, audiobooks and podcasts. You can stream directly from your phone or tablet. Just perfect for the vegan gadget lover!
- Give the gift of Audible. I always said I could never listen to books instead of read, but recently I gave it a try and now I'm addicted. Listening is so handy when you're pottering around the house or garden and I'm "reading" so much more. This works great in combo with the Sonos speaker (number 8) if you have a higher spending budget.
Gifts for the vegan animal lover
- Give a donation to A Home For Hooves Farm Animal Sanctuary in the name of someone you love. It's a local to me sanctuary that is a volunteer run, registered Charity organisation, that offers a forever home to rescued, abandoned, and surrendered farm animals in Duncan, BC.
- I can't think of a vegan who wouldn't love this I just want to drink coffee, save animals and take naps Mug.
- Furbo Dog Cameras look amazing. I'd love one for Chester and Charlie. There is 2 way audio and it even tosses treats!
- For the bird lover. A rustic bird house to hang in the garden.
- With every purchase of these Wild Beautiful Free Organic Candles a donation is made to ethical nonprofits that support animal welfare & conservation
- Farm animal oven mitts for the animal loving cook in your life.
- For the dog lover. A dog's welcome - people tolerated coir doormat.
- A personalized pet portrait is the perfect gift for any pet lover. These modern and quirky illustrations are beautiful and really reasonably priced.
- The Joyful Vegan is a great book all about how to navigate the social, cultural, and emotional aspects of being vegan, like constantly being asked to defend your eating choices, living with the awareness of animal suffering, feeling the pressure to be perfect, and experiencing guilt, remorse, and anger.
Gifts for the vegan cook
- Top of the list has to be my cookbook! It's called Vegan Comfort Cooking and is full of what I do best; Super yum, stick to your ribs, vegan comfort food. Perfect for any vegan or wanna be vegan who loves their food!
- Ok, so I have had this Blendtec Blender for years and love it.
- Salt and pepper are probably the most used ingredients in a kitchen. Keep them handy in this cute Bamboo Salt and Pepper Keeper.
- This Cuisinart Food Processor is my kitchen workhorse. I've tried many and this is my favourite by far.
- Dutch Ovens tend to be pretty expensive, but this Lodge Dutch Oven is great value at under $60. I treated myself to one a few years ago and am loving it.
- Make chopping easier and safer with a great knife. This Shun Chef's Knife is my favourite knife.
- The magic appliance that is the Instant Pot. I wouldn’t be without mine. Plus as an added bonus, whoever you are buying it for will get to try my Instant Pot recipes!
- A Digital Kitchen Scale. Yes, I preach in almost every single recipe that you should have one. They really do make a difference to the outcome of your recipes and would make a great stocking stuffer for the cook in your life.
- Avoid splatters on clothes with this stylish Apron.
- Really, really good quality olive oil. A real treat for any foodie!
- An Air Fryer for the fried food lover in your life. I've had this one for a few years now and love it.
- Lots of chopping is involved when you are preparing all the fruits and veggies and if you've got good knives especially, you need to make sure your cutting board is knife friendly. This Large Walnut Cutting Board is perfect.
Gifts for the vegan baker
- I love these Novelty Dish Towels!
- Good bakeware makes all the difference. I use the entire USA Pan range and this USA Pan Bakeware Set is great value.
- Such a fun Spatula Set!
- I've wanted this Joseph Joseph Rolling Pin forever. It makes it super easy to roll cookie dough, pastry, pizza crust etc. The adjustable discs make it easy to roll any thickness which means no more uneven dough!
- My KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer. By far the best looking appliance in my kitchen and perfect for whipping up cake batter, aquafaba meringue or bread dough. Try beating your mashed potatoes in it with the paddle attachment too. It gets it so creamy!
- I use my Silpat all the time. It's a durable silicone baking sheet that replaces parchment paper and NOTHING sticks to it. A must for any baker.
- Everyone loves donuts, right? A donut pan is something people might not buy themselves but would love if given as a gift.
- A KitchenAid Hand Mixer is always handy.
- A fun mug for the baker with a sense of humour!
- A pie dish for the pretty as pie baker in your life.
- I love these Mason Cash Mixing Bowls. I'd never splash out on one myself but as a gift I would be thrilled!
- This Nordic Ware Wildflower Loaf Pan is just beautiful!
Gifts that are NOT vegan
If you're new to the vegan lifestyle and not familiar with what's vegan and what's not vegan take note of the following when shopping for gifts:
- When it comes to food anything containing meat, fish, dairy (milk, cream, whey, casein) eggs, honey or gelatin is not vegan. This animal derived ingredients list from Peta is a very comprehensive resource.
- Some alcoholic drinks are not vegan including wine and beer. That's because they are often filtered using gelatin, egg whites or fish swim bladder. The good news is that most spirits are naturally vegan and if you want to check your favourite wine and beer brands, Barnivore is a great free resource.
- When it comes to clothing, textiles and homewares, watch out for anything made from fur, leather, wool, bone, feathers, beeswax, pearls or silk. This vegan and non-vegan fabric, material and textile guide is really useful if you aren't sure about something.
- When it comes to toiletries and beauty products, many are tested on animals and contain animal products. Even products marked "cruelty-free" can contain animal derived ingredients. Look for brands that specifically market themselves as vegan (there are many) and steer clear of items that contain beeswax, carmine, lanolin, honey, dairy, shellac, glycerine, squalene, casein, stearic acid, collagen and keratin. Ethical Elephants list of cruelty-free and 100% vegan make-up and skincare brands is a really useful resource.
And that's a wrap from me! I hope this Gifts For Vegans Gift Guide has been helpful. Happy shopping from the comfort of your sofa!
And now you know what some of the best gifts for vegans are, perhaps you should start planning your holiday menus? Check out some Vegan Christmas Recipes and Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes for all the holiday dining inspiration you need!