Holiday season is here and if you've been wondering what some great gifts for vegans are I've got you covered. These vegan gift ideas will help you check everyone off your list with the least fuss possible, and they can all be purchased from the comfort of your own home!
What do you buy for someone who is vegan? I get it, gift buying can be stressful. Add "vegan" to the equation and it suddenly becomes even more challenging when birthdays, the holidays, or the office Secret Santa comes along.
Don't worry though because I've got you covered with the best vegan gift ideas! All are vegan-friendly and can be ordered from the comfort of your own home.
And that's because if you're anything like me, shopping from the sofa in pajamas with some tunes on in the background, maybe some festive cookies in the oven, in a very introverted, cozy way, is exactly how you like to do things.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Gifts For The Vegan Foodie
- For the mushroom-loving vegan foodie, a mushroom growing kit is just perfect. I would love one of these!
- Pasta Christmas Ornaments - For the pasta-loving foodie in your life. They are so beautiful! And for every purchase Crate & Barrel will donate $10 to Feeding America ® or Food Banks Canada.
- A cozy sweater for the vegan comfort food lover!
- I'm obsessed with chili crisp oil and drizzle it on anything and everything. I adore it on curries, rice dishes, soup, and avocado toast! If you're in Canada check out this Triple Smoke one instead. It's made by a local to me company and it is incredibly good. I will never be without a jar in my pantry! You can get 10% off any purchase at Triple Smoke with coupon code AVIRTUALVEGAN.
- Grow herbs or veggies all year long in one of these indoor gardens! If you follow me on Instagram you will have seen me sharing mine in action! They come in different colors and lots of different sizes to fit your space and they can be purchased and shipped worldwide. Get a 10% discount when you shop through my link and use code AVIRTUALVEGAN. To be able to grab some fresh herbs to flavor or garnish meals whenever you want, or be able to pick lettuce leaves or tomatoes right off the plant for your sandwich or salad all year long is such a treat!
- A great extra virgin olive for finishing and dipping is on every foodie's wishlist! Brightland Olive Oil is sharp, peppery, and full of flavor.
- My favourite salt of all time. Maldon Sea Salt Flakes is a premium flaky salt that is incredibly delicious and just perfect for finishing food and drinks. The smoked one is incredible too. Perfect as stocking fillers!
- Crockpot On-the-Go is the perfect gift for the foodie in your life. They can take their favorite meals like leftovers, soup, oatmeal, etc wherever they go and enjoy them at the perfect temperature.
- Numi World Of Tea Gift Set is the perfect gift for the tea lover in your life. Their tea is delicious, organic, and they are one of the few tea companies that don't use plastic in their tea bags.
- I always have some of this Heartbeat hot sauce on the go. It is so good!
Gifts For The Vegan Homebody
- Chef's n S'more's Indoor Roaster - Grab some vegan chocolate and Dandies marshmallows and make s'mores around the coffee table. No campfire required!
- Snuggle up with this cozy and stylish chunky wool-free blanket. Perfect for chilly evenings!
- Perfect if you want to really splash out on the coffee lover. I've had this Breville Barista Express for a few years now and it makes the best coffee!
- Luxury Self Care Pamper Hamper - A beautiful spa kit stuffed with goodies for an all-natural and vegan skincare and spa experience.
- I have this exact Avocado Oodie and I love it (other designs are available). One size really does fit all and while you might look a little ridiculous while wearing it, they are the softest, warmest coziest thing EVER. My dogs constantly try to steal it to cuddle up with.
- Osea Discovery Skincare Set - A 4-piece kit of skin saviors for unbelievably soft and hydrated skin from head to toe. These products are really good quality, 100% vegan, effective, and beautiful!
- Sea Salt & Orchid Dough Bowl Candle - An adorable, rustic soy candle in a gorgeous wooden dough bowl.
- We have these Sonos speakers dotted around the house for listening to music, audiobooks and podcasts. You can stream directly from your phone or tablet. Just perfect for the vegan gadget lover!
- Give the gift of Audible. I always said I could never listen to books instead of reading, but recently I gave it a try and now I'm addicted. Listening is so handy when you're pottering around the house or garden and I'm "reading" so much more. This works great in combo with the Sonos speaker (number 8) if you have a higher spending budget.
Gifts For The Vegan Animal Lover
- Gorgeous farm animal pillow covers. They are so pretty, and bright!
- I can't think of a vegan who wouldn't love this I just want to drink coffee, save animals and take naps Mug.
- Furbo Dog Cameras look amazing. I'd love one for Chester and Charlie. There is 2-way audio and it even tosses treats!
- For the bird lover. A rustic birdhouse to hang in the garden.
- 'Tis The Season To Go Vegan Mug - From the A Virtual Vegan merch collection.
- You Can't Love Animals & Eat Them Too Sweatshirt - From the A Virtual Vegan merch collection. A cozy way to make a statement while you're going about your day.
- Malicious Women Co Candle - I Love My Fur Babies More Than Most People. Such a fun candle and with each purchase a donation is made to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- For the dog lover. A dog's welcome - people tolerated coir doormat.
- A personalized pet portrait is the perfect gift for any pet lover. These modern and quirky illustrations are beautiful and really reasonably priced.
- The Joyful Vegan is a great book all about how to navigate the social, cultural, and emotional aspects of being vegan, like constantly being asked to defend your eating choices, living with the awareness of animal suffering, feeling the pressure to be perfect, and experiencing guilt, remorse, and anger.
Gifts For The Vegan Cook
- Top of the list has to be my cookbook! It's called Vegan Comfort Cooking and is full of what I do best; Super yum, stick to your ribs, vegan comfort food. Perfect for any vegan or wanna-be vegan who loves their food and vegan recipes!
- Ok, so I have had this Blendtec Blender for years and love it.
- Make chopping easier and safer with a great knife. This Shun Chef's Knife is my favorite knife.
- A Cosori Air Fryer - I LOVE my air fryer and this one is so reasonably priced. I use it mainly for fries, veggies, and tofu. It cooks them so well. I "upgraded" my Cosori air fryer to a much more expensive Phillips one and I actually prefer my old Cosori. It cooked everything better and the basket was much easier to put in and take out.
- This Cuisinart Food Processor is my kitchen workhorse. I've tried many and this is my favourite by far. I've had mine for years and it handles everything I throw at it.
- Dutch Ovens tend to be pretty expensive, but this Lodge Dutch Oven is great value for enameled cast iron. I treated myself to one a few years ago and am loving it.
- Set of 3 Staub Ceramic Dishes - You'll spot these in a lot of my photos. They are simple, stylish, "feel" good quality, and for ceramic, really hardy.
- A Digital Kitchen Scale. Yes, I preach in almost every single recipe that you should have one. They really do make a difference to the outcome of your recipes and would make a great stocking stuffer for the cook in your life.
- Salt and pepper are probably the most used ingredients in a kitchen. Keep them handy in this cute Bamboo Salt and Pepper Keeper.
- The magic appliance that is the Instant Pot (an electric multi/pressure cooker). I wouldn’t be without mine. Plus as an added bonus, whoever you are buying it for will get to try my Instant Pot recipes!
- Avoid splatters on clothes with this You Can't Love Animals & Eat Them Too apron.
- Staub Frying Pan - Renowned for its superior heat retention and oven-to-table good looks Staub cast iron will last a lifetime. I love this eucalyptus color!
- Lots of chopping is involved in vegan kitchens when you are preparing all the fruits and veggies, and if you've got good knives especially, you need to make sure your cutting board is of good quality and knife-friendly. This Large Walnut Cutting Board is perfect.
Gifts For The Vegan Baker
- I love these Novelty Dish Towels!
- Good bakeware makes all the difference. It can really improve the outcome of a recipe. I use the entire USA Pan range and this USA Pan Bakeware Set is great value.
- Such a cute spatula!
- My KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer. By far the best-looking appliance in my kitchen and perfect for whipping up cake batter, aquafaba meringue, mashed potatoes, or bread dough.
- The cutest animal cookie stamps!
- The Le Creuset Bread Oven that the bread baker in your life didn't know they needed. It is so beautiful and perfect for anyone who baked sourdough or loves a good crust on their bread.
- This Handmade Bread Warmer! - I just love it. It's something you'd never buy for yourself, but anyone who loves baking or eating bread will absolutely love to receive it!
- A stunning Nordic Ware Wildflower Loaf Pan. I keep meaning to treat myself to one of these.
- Pretty cookie sheets? Yes, they exist. These Slate Blue (or green) Cookie Sheet & Cooling Rack would look great in any kitchen.
- A Baking Box with handmade wood measuring cups and spoons, a cotton dish towel, and a wooden lemon magnet. So beautiful!
- I've wanted this Joseph Joseph Rolling Pin forever. It makes it super easy to roll cookie dough, pastry, pizza crust, etc. The adjustable discs make it easy to roll any thickness which means no more uneven dough!
- I love these Mason Cash Mixing Bowls. I'd never splash out on one myself but as a gift, I would be thrilled!
- I wouldn't be without my Silpats. I use them all the time. They are durable silicone baking sheets that replace parchment paper and NOTHING sticks to them. They come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and are a must for any baker.
My Kitchenware Essentials
I figure that my vegan kitchenware essentials might be a handy resource when gift buying too. As a long-time food blogger, recipe developer, and cookbook author, I've been through my fair share of cookware, appliances, and small tools and this is where I share my favorites.
Please note that if the item linked is from Amazon and isn't available in your area, Amazon will attempt to show you a similar product that is available. Sometimes their choice is on point, other times it's a little weird! In the event of this happening I can't guarantee that what they select will be vegan so be sure to check.
Gifts That Are NOT Vegan
If you're new to the vegan lifestyle and not familiar with what's vegan and what's not vegan take note of the following when shopping for gifts:
- When it comes to food anything containing meat, fish, dairy (milk, cream, whey, casein) eggs, honey, or gelatin is not vegan. This animal-derived ingredients list from Peta is a very comprehensive resource.
- Some alcoholic drinks are not vegan including wine and beer. That's because they are often filtered using gelatin, egg whites, or fish swim bladders. The good news is that most spirits are naturally vegan and if you want to check your favorite wine and beer brands, Barnivore is a great free resource.
- When it comes to clothing, textiles, and homewares, watch out for anything made from fur, leather, wool, bone, feathers, beeswax, pearls, or silk. This vegan and non-vegan fabric, material, and textile guide is really useful if you aren't sure about something.
- When it comes to toiletries and beauty products, many are tested on animals and contain animal products. Even products marked "cruelty-free" can contain animal-derived ingredients. Look for brands that specifically market themselves as vegan (there are many) and steer clear of items that contain beeswax, carmine, lanolin, honey, dairy, shellac, glycerine, squalene (unless it's vegan squalene), casein, stearic acid, collagen, and keratin. Ethical Elephant's list of cruelty-free and 100% vegan make-up and skincare brands is a really useful resource.
And that's a wrap from me! I hope this Gifts For Vegans Gift Guide has been helpful. Happy shopping from the comfort of your sofa!
Now you know what some of the best gifts for vegans are, perhaps you should start planning your holiday menus. Check out my Vegan Christmas Recipes and Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes for all the holiday dining inspiration you need or sign up for my FREE 5-day Christmas recipe email series via the form below: