Simple & delicious Vegan Blueberry Bran Muffins that are packed full of healthy ingredients. Only 155 calories each, whole grain, oil & refined-sugar free. Perfect for breakfast, snacks & lunch boxes!
Vegan Blueberry Bran Muffins...Where healthy and wholesome meets warm, cozy and yummy from the oven!
These hearty, naturally vegan muffins are packed full of good stuff, lightly sweetened, and quite impressively for muffins are completely oil-free, packed with fiber and protein, and only 152 calories each.
Vegan Bran Muffin Variations
Feel free to omit the blueberries to make plain vegan bran muffins, or switch the blueberries out for any other mix-ins. Most dried fruit or nuts would work instead. I love a mix of walnuts and raisins!
Vegan Blueberry Bran MuffinsAuthor:
- 2 cups (230 grams) spelt flour , or wholewheat flour
- 1 cup (58 grams) wheat bran , or oat bran
- ½ cup (50 grams) rolled or old fashioned oats
- ½ cup (90 grams) coconut sugar , or brown or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda , (bicarb in the UK)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1¼ cups + 1 tablespoon (315 ml) non-dairy milk
- ½ cup (125 grams) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar , or lemon juice
- 1 cup (150 grams) fresh or frozen blueberries , (don't defrost if frozen)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a 12 hole muffin pan with muffin liners.
- To a large bowl add the flour, wheat bran, oats, sugar, flax, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk/mix together to combine.
- Make a well in the centre and add the milk, applesauce and vinegar. Mix together to form a thick batter.
- Add the blueberries and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spoon evenly between the muffin liners and bake for around 18 to 20 minutes or until a tooth pick / skewer can be inserted into the middle and come out almost clean.
- Remove from the oven, leave in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.