Velvety smooth, intensely rich Vegan Chocolate Pudding. It’s super fast & easy to make & hides a very healthy secret……..
The good news is that this amazing Vegan Chocolate Pudding is healthy. The bad news?…..There is no bad news. It’s all good. Very good in fact.
It’s all good because this pudding is hiding a
dirty healthy secret. Actually two healthy secrets. One is sweet potato and the other is banana.
You might recall that I used sweet potato in my Healthy Chocolate Smoothie. Well it worked so well that I just had to play around with it in pudding form. And by ‘play around’, I mean quite literally, throw everything in a blender. That’s about as complicated as it gets.
PART OF YOUR 5 A DAY
As well as being super quick and easy to make, every-time you eat this Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding, you are actually eating fruit and vegetables. It really doesn’t taste ‘healthy’ though. It is rich, indulgent and super chocolatey. You cannot detect the sweet potato at all. It serves to sweeten, thicken and make very, very velvety smooth. The banana comes through, but banana and chocolate is a match made in heaven so there are no worries there.
This pudding is a dream to eat. It is so luxuriously thick and intensely chocolatey. It will kick any chocolate cravings well into touch.
WAYS TO SERVE MY VEGAN CHOCOLATE PUDDING
I topped my puddings with some ruby red pomegranate seeds because the colour looked so fantastic for the photos. Other serving suggestions are:
- sliced banana
- date caramel
- my 5 minute caramel sauce
- fresh strawberries
- vanilla roasted strawberries
- fresh raspberries
- crushed cookies
- granola (it is particularly good with my Double Chocolate Coconut Granola!)
Or just serve it as it is!
It seems that the chocolate section of my recipe index is growing at a faster rate than any other. I do believe that I am a chocoholic, and today’s recipe is the latest instalment in my chocolate take over. I do hope you enjoy it!
Be a ☆ and leave a comment below to let me know your thoughts, and it would be awesome if you could share a pic on Instagram. I am @avirtualvegan. If you use the hashtag #avirtualvegan it will make sure that I don’t miss them.
Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- ¼ cup | 4 tablespoons | 60mls plant-based milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup | 60mls maple syrup you can add up to 2 tablespoons more if you prefer it sweeter
- 2 cups | 470g cooked sweet potato baked, roasted, steamed or microwaved - not boiled, the orange fleshed variety - often labelled as yams
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed you could sub this for chia seeds
- ½ cup | 55g cocoa powder
- 1 | around 125g medium banana
- ½ teaspoon salt
- OPTIONAL - chocolate chips to stir through
- Add all ingredients to a blender, starting with the liquid first.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- If you wish to stir through some chocolate chips do so now.
- Spoon into dessert bowls or glasses and refrigerate.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the best flavour/texture. The pudding continues to thicken as it sits in the fridge and is good for up to 4 days.