You are going to love these Super Easy Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars! They are ridiculously easy to make & only have 5 ingredients (plus salt)!
This post contains affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Super Easy Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars are where it’s at. They are where I’ve been at for the past few weeks. Like literally. I have eaten one every day for as long as I can remember and I still keep making them. I don’t think I will ever get fed up because. Banana. Peanut Butter. Chocolate.
How can anyone ever get fed up with that combo??!
Before this obsession, it was my Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pops. It’s summer. Eating frozen treats is mandatory. You absolutely need to have had some ice cream dripping down your chin on at least a handful of occasions before falls arrives. It just has to be that way. Take my word for it and bring on these amazingly simple, super-duper easy Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars.
HOW TO MAKE EASY PEANUT BUTTER ICE CREAM BARS
SEE MY VIDEO FOR A VISUAL GUIDE. FOR INGREDIENTS & FULL INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST
They have only 5 ingredients and really are ridiculously easy to make!
Blend up ripe bananas with peanut butter, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt
Freeze in an 8 x 8 (ish) square pan
Melt some chocolate and coconut oil together
Cut the frozen banana peanut butter mixture into bars or squares
Dip them into the melted chocolate
Freeze again for a bit
Then let melty vegan ice cream bar deliciousness commence.
I use my food processor to blend it all up but a blender works well too, and you don’t need to have a particularly powerful one either because unlike nice-cream, the bananas in this recipe are not frozen so it’s not hard work for your machine.
This is the food processor that I have.
I am loving these Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars because they are:
- Ridiculously easy to make
- Made from mostly fruit
- and incredibly delicious!
Believe me when I say that you are just a few simple steps away from slurping ridiculously delicious, peanut buttery, chocolatey, frozen goodness.
And talking of peanut buttery, chocolatey, frozen goodness.
And Super Easy Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars.
BRB …. I still have a stash in the freezer ;O)
If you are always looking for recipes that involves overripe bananas then be sure to check out:
Vegan Banana Scones
Best Vegan Banana Bread
Healthy Breakfast Bars
The Best Vegan Banana Pancakes
Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread
Super Easy Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars
- 6 medium bananas , NOT frozen or previously frozen bananas
- 380g / 1½ cups peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar , DO NOT reduce this amount
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 350g | 2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil , if you prefer no coconut flavour use refined coconut oil (DO NOT be tempted to omit the coconut oil. Coating the ice cream bars does not work well without it)
- Line an 8 x 8 square pan (or something similar) with baking parchment
- Peel and break up the bananas into chunks and add them to the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Add the peanut butter, coconut sugar and salt and blend until completely smooth. You might need to scrape the bowl down half way through.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan. Gently straighten the baking parchment so there aren't any big creases around the edges and so that it wont get stuck in the top of the mixture. Place in the freezer, preferably overnight or until solid.
- Place a baking sheet into the freezer to chill
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together over a double broiler or in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Then allow to cool completely to room temperature, stirring occasionally. It MUST be cool. (DO NOT be tempted to omit the coconut oil. Coating the ice cream bars does not work well without it.)
- While the chocolate mixture is melting or cooling, remove the pan from the freezer and turn out the frozen mixture. Cut around the edges to tidy it up a bit, then cut the square into 14 bars, or into smaller chunks if you prefer. Return to the freezer to firm up again while the chocolate cools. They must be completely frozen before you start coating in the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is at room temperature, remove the bars and the chilled baking sheet from the freezer. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper then place each bar into the chocolate. Use a spoon to spoon over the chocolate so it gets completely covered. Lift the bar out with 2 forks (as per my video), letting them drip a bit into the bowl as you lift them, then place them on the chilled baking sheet. Repeat until they are all coated then return the bars to the freezer to firm up.