Seriously good Caramel Chocolate Vegan Popcorn! Drenched in rich, buttery salted caramel, baked until perfectly crisp & then finished with lashings of chocolate. It's totally & utterly delicious & vegan/dairy-free!
Seriously good Caramel Chocolate Vegan Popcorn with my special trick for making it really super crispy!
To make this vegan popcorn taste amazing, I drench it in my very popular, and really flavourful Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce. If you have made that recipe before then you know how yummy it is!
Then comes the secret step that turns it from soggy cardboard to crunchy deliciousness. I'll let you in on how that's done in my step-by-step directions below!
How To Make The Crunchiest Caramel Chocolate Vegan Popcorn
- Start with the fun part...Popping the corn. There's just something about the corn kernels popping that makes me smile!
- Make the quick and easy caramel sauce.
- Toss the popped corn in the caramel sauce.
- Then comes my popcorn secret! Spread it out on a lined baking tray and oven-bake until super-duper crispy. It will turn into the crunchiest popcorn you have ever eaten!
- Drizzle over copious amounts of chocolate then refrigerate or freeze for a few minutes until the chocolate sets.
- Break up into clumpy pieces and store in an airtight container.
To line your baking sheet, you can use parchment paper or a Silpat. Silpats are non-stick silicone mats and are so handy for lining baking trays. I rarely use parchment paper now. Nothing sticks to them and they last for ages. I've had mine for years.
So there you have it. My trick for making properly crispy, crunchy, vegan popcorn that tastes amazing!
It's perfect for snacking on, serving up at parties, and taking to the movies!
I am loving this Caramel Chocolate Vegan Popcorn because it's:
- super crispy
- drenched in rich, salted caramel
- drizzled in chocolate
- so decadent
- really quick and easy to make
- and so good! (don't say I didn't warn you!)
Just look at that caramel-drenched deliciousness!
If you try this recipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Vegan Chocolate Caramel PopcornAuthor:
For the popcorn
- 75g (⅓ cup) popcorn kernels
For the caramel
For the chocolate drizzle
- 90g (½ cup) dairy free chocolate chips
- Warm a large heavy bottomed pan with a lid, over medium heat until hot. Pour in the popcorn kernels and put the lid on tightly. Move them around frequently by gently moving the pan. They will start popping after about 30 seconds.
- Keep watching/listening until the popping stops then remove from the heat but keep the lid on in case a rogue kernel decides to surprise you!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Add the coconut sugar and water to a small saucepan and warm over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and it is just starting the bubble.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut oil/vegan butter, tahini, and salt. Stir really well until it is smooth. It is normal to see some pale flecks throughout. If lumps persist or it doesn't combine well put the pan back over low heat and continue stirring. It will come together.
- Remove the lid from the popcorn kernels and pour over the caramel. Be careful as it will be very hot. Stir until coated evenly.
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with either a Silpat or baking parchment and spread out into a single layer. Put in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes until crunchy and golden.
- Melt the chocolate chips over simmering water, or gently in a microwave, then drizzle over the popcorn with a spoon.
- Place the tray in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. If you are in a hurry you can put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once the chocolate is set break into pieces and store in an airtight container where it will keep well for a few days.