Dangerously addictive, ooey-gooey, rich & thick vegan caramel sauce. Ready in under 5 minutes & so incredibly delicious that you will need all of your will power not to eat it straight from the jar. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
I created this Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce recipe way back in October when I published my Pumpkin Pie With Caramel Sauce & Coconut Whipped Cream. It was totally amazing as part of the pie and I have been making it regularly ever since and serving it in all sorts of ways. I gradually started to get more and more messages from you guys telling me how much you loved it when you made it to go with the pumpkin pie, and a few of you even said that it is the most amazing thing you have ever tasted. It was after hearing this that I knew I needed to share it and all of it’s ooey-gooey deliciousness again in it’s own post.
This Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce could not be easier to whip up. It is so simple and yet so amazingly delicious. With just a few minutes of your time and three ingredients (plus water & salt) you can have yourself a jar full of the richest, stickiest, gooiest caramel ever.
The flavour of the caramel is rich, deep, sweet and nutty. It has so much more character than standard caramel recipes thanks to the addition of tahini. The flavour and depth it gives is incredible.
Isn’t it impossible to look at this picture and not feel your mouth water?
This Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce is good served in so many ways. Firstly it is A-mazing with my Pumpkin Pie. If you haven’t tried it yet it is a pretty good place to start. Then try it smothered all over my Gingerbread Waffles. Could breakfast get any better?
You can also eat this Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce with ice-cream, chocolate cake, apple pie, pancakes, brownies or french toast. For a healthier option try it drizzled over sliced apple or use it as a dip for other fresh fruits. It would be great with a fruit platter at a party. You can also be wicked, grab a spoon and eat it straight from the jar……..(You didn’t hear that from me….I would never do anything like that…..)
If you can bear to part with it this Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce also makes an awesome gift. Pour it into a pretty jar, tie some twine or ribbon around the rim, add a tag if you like and gift it to friends, family or neighbours. It keeps really well in the fridge for about three weeks and also can be frozen for a couple of months so makes a perfect gift. Who doesn’t love caramel sauce?
How will you eat your Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce? Tag me with your pictures on Twitter or Instagram. I am @avirtualvegan. You can also post to my Facebook page. I’m dying to know what you think!
Five Minute Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 100g | 1/2 cup coconut sugar (sometimes called coconut palm sugar (I have not tried this with any other sugar so I can't guarantee it will work as well if you make a sub)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons tahini (see recipe note)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (solid measurement)
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon salt (add to taste)
- Add the coconut sugar and the water to a pan.
- Place over a medium heat and cook until the sugar has completely dissolved and it is just starting to bubble. DO NOT STIR!! If you need to, just swirl the pan a bit. It will take 2- 3 minutes max. Do not leave it unattended as it will burn very easily if left too long.
- Remove from the heat and add the tahini, salt and coconut oil. Stir very well until it is all well combined. It is normal to see a few little light flecks through it.If you have trouble getting it to come together put it over a low heat again for 30 seconds or so.