Deliciously soft & chewy, pumpkin granola bars with pecans & chocolate. Vegan, gluten free & perfect for Fall!
And so the pumpkin recipes begin!
I have a few awesome pumpkin themed recipes planned, and this is the first.
In case you haven’t gathered, I am a massive pumpkin fan. There is just something about their cute pudginess that makes me smile.
I love going to the local pumpkin patch to pick my pumpkins. Pumpkins as far as the eye can see in all directions! My son is past wanting to decorate pumpkins for Halloween, and in his words wouldn’t be seen dead at a pumpkin patch so I tend to go alone, or drag my poor husband along for company.
I will never be too old for pumpkins!
Once I have my pumpkin stash, I tend to make my own puree as I need it. I literally just cut my pumpkin in half, scoop out the seeds and place the two halves face down on a baking sheet covered with either baking parchment or a Silpat. I then roast on 380 until soft. Once the pumpkin has cooled down I scoop out the soft flesh and store it in mason jars in the fridge until it is needed. If you can’t be bothered to do this then canned puree works just as well in this recipe.
These Pumpkin Granola Bars with Pecans & Chocolate are deliciously soft and chewy. The crunchy pecans add great texture and the flavour goes so well with pumpkin. The bars themselves aren’t too sweet so if you decide to make them without the chocolate then you might want to add a little more sugar (1 -2 tablespoons more max). With the added chocolate drizzle the balance of sweetness is perfect.
I would love to hear what you think of these Pumpkin Granola Bars with Pecans & Chocolate so please leave your comments below. If you are on Instagram feel free to share your pictures with me (@avirtualvegan). I love to see your versions of my recipes. Add the hashtag #avirtualvegan so I don’t miss them!
Pumpkin, Pecan & Chocolate Granola Bars
For the chocolate drizzle
- 90g | ½ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons non dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 8 x 8 pan with baking parchment so it hangs over the sides.
- Add all the dry ingredients EXCEPT the sugar to a large bowl and stir well.
- Add all the wet ingredients and the sugar to a small saucepan.
- Heat over a medium heat, stirring frequently until everything has melted and is well combined (this takes a couple of minutes).
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry and stir really well.
- Pour into your prepared tin and press down evenly all over.
- Add to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool in the tray for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 10 pieces. A pizza cutter works very well for this.
- Add the milk and chocolate chips to a small bowl and melt gently over a pan of simmering water or very carefully in the microwave.
- Drizzle over the top of the bars and refrigerate until set.
Estimated nutrition per serving: