Smooth and creamy Curry Hummus with juicy raisins which add a burst of sweetness and compliment the curry flavour perfectly.
The inspiration for todays recipe came from a packet of Masala Wraps which I noticed whilst grocery shopping a few days ago. I usually make my own bread and wraps but these looked great and had all natural ingredients so I bought some for making packed lunches this week. I spent some time thinking about what filling would compliment the Masala flavour of the wraps and decided to have a go at making a curry flavoured hummus. The result was delicious and I immediately knew that I had to share it with you guys.
My Curry Hummus is based on traditional hummus recipes which contain chickpeas/garbanzo beans blended with tahini, olive oil and garlic. This version contains these basic hummus ingredients along with the addition of curry powder, cilantro, lemon and a little maple syrup to sweeten it slightly and make the curry flavours shine.
This Curry Hummus is:
Smooth and creamy
With mild but distinct curry flavour
And juicy raisins which add a burst of sweetness and compliment the curry flavour perfectly.
You can serve this Curry Hummus with warm pitta breads, as a dip for fresh chopped vegetables such as carrot and bell pepper or as a sandwich/wrap filling.
If you are looking for other lunch ideas then check out my easy Vegetable Pate.
- 330g | 2 cups chickpeas , cooked/canned
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (if you only have hot curry powder just use less. Taste as you add it)
- ½ lemon juice of
- 1 handful cilantro (stalks and leaves are fine)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 37g | ¼ cup raisins
- Flaked almonds for decoration (optional)
- Add raisins to a bowl and cover with water. Set aside.
- Add all the other ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Remove the blade.
- Drain the raisins and add to the hummus.
- Top with flaked almonds if desired.
This recipe is part of the TRY A BITE TUESDAY LINK PARTY #14 over at Caleigh’s Kitchen.