This simple but insanely delicious Snickerdoodle Hummus is full of all the cinnamon & cookie dough flavour of Snickerdoodles. Ready in minutes and perfect for dipping with cookies, fruit or pretzels!
Yes, I am bringing you hummus for dessert again. Following on from my Dessert Chocolate Hummus comes my Snickerdoodle Hummus and it's incredible!
OMG this hummus is the bomb. Like seriously, ridiculously yummy.
You will find ingredients like chickpeas, coconut sugar, vanilla and lots of cinnamon. All combined, it ends up tasting kind of like cinnamon infused, slightly caramel-y cookie dough/cake batter. So hard to describe. I guess you just need to get it made for yourself to see exactly what I mean!
How to make Snickerdoodle Hummus
For detailed measurements and instructions, see the printable recipe card.
This Snickerdoodle Hummus can be whipped up in minutes using canned or freshly cooked chickpeas. It's so easy. Here's how:
Step 1: Blend up all of the ingredients, using only a little of the coconut milk to start.
Step 2: Once it's smooth, check the consistency and add more coconut milk as needed to get the consistency you are happy with.
Good toppings for waffles
To serve, heap it into a bowl and if you are feeling fancy, sprinkle on some chopped nuts (I like buttery pecans). I added a few rivulets of date syrup to make it look pretty in my pictures. You could use maple syrup instead, but it doesn't need either. What it does need though are lots of tasty dippers!
All in the name of recipe testing, I tried a multitude of different dessert hummus dippers, and with this Snickerdoodle Hummus strawberries come out at the tippy top. There is just something about their sweet juiciness that works so well with it. The compliment each other unbelievably well.
As well as strawberries try serving it with:
- apple slices
- pita chips
- rice cakes
You could also try using it as frosting! I think it would work really well on cupcakes.
This Snickerdoodle Hummus would be perfect for serving at parties and gatherings, game day, or pot lucks. It's also just perfect for indulging in by yourself in front of a movie on a Saturday night.
Hungry for more vegan dips?
If you are liking this vegan dip vibe then you might also enjoy my:
Did you make this recipe?
Be sure to rate it and leave a review below!
Snickerdoodle Dessert HummusAuthor:
- 370g / 2 cups chickpeas , canned or cooked dried ones
- 60 - 80mls / ¼ - ⅓ cup light coconut milk , you can use full fat if you prefer but be sure to mix it up well first
- 50g / ¼ cup cane sugar , or turbinado
- 2 tablespoons tahini , you can use cashew butter or almond butter instead
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 100g / ½ cup coconut sugar , it must be coconut sugar to get the right flavour balance
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar optional (see recipe notes)
- Add all of the other ingredients, using just ¼ cup of coconut milk and blend until completely smooth. Leave it running for a good few minute to get the smoothest possible results.
- Add a little more coconut milk gradually to get the desired thickness. I used the full ⅓ cup as I like mine a looser but you can add as much or as little as you like. It will firm up slightly in the fridge so bear that in mind.
- It can be served immediately but it is best if chilled for a little while.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.