Simple, quick and delicious Snickerdoodle Hummus! Full of all the cinnamon & cookie dough flavour of snickerdoodles and ready in minutes. Perfect for dipping with cookies, fruit or pretzels!
Snickerdoodle Hummus? Yes, hummus for dessert is a thing! Remember my Dessert Chocolate Hummus?
With our regular hummus staple that is chickpeas, plus a handful of dessert type additions like cinnamon, coconut milk, sugar and vanilla, we're taking all the flavours of snickerdoodle cookies and turning them into a creamy, dippable, snickerdoodle dessert hummus that tastes like cookie dough crossed with cake batter. It's so good!
This Snickerdoodle Hummus is perfect for serving at parties and gatherings, game day, or pot lucks. It's also just perfect for snacking on by yourself in front of a movie at the weekend or for the kids to enjoy as an after school snack.
Just basic store cupboard ingredients are needed:
And a few ingredient notes for you:
- Chickpeas - Use canned chickpeas or chickpeas you've cooked from dry at home.
- Sugar - You can use any type of sugar here. Obviously the flavour changes if you use brown or coconut sugar as opposed to cane sugar but it's delicious whatever you use.
- Coconut milk - Canned coconut milk makes this hummus really rich and creamy. You can use any other plant milk instead though if you prefer.
- Nut/seed butter - This adds more flavour, healthy fats and creaminess. Any nut or seed butter is fine to use. The flavour is more cookie-dough like when you use cashew butter or almond butter though. Stick to seed butter to keep this dessert hummus recipe nut-free.
How to make Snickerdoodle Hummus
(For detailed measurements and instructions, see the printable recipe card).
Snickerdoodle Hummus is super easy to make and can be whipped up in minutes. Here's how:
- Add everything to a food processor and blend up until smooth.
- Check the consistency and sweetness and adjust with a little more sugar or coconut milk as needed.
To serve Snickerdoodle Hummus simply heap it into a bowl and if you're feeling fancy, sprinkle on some chopped nuts (I like buttery pecans) and a drizzle of date or maple syrup.
If you are wondering what to eat with snickerdoodle hummus or any other dessert hummus recipe, here are some ideas:
Store leftover Snickerdoodle Hummus in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Snickerdoodle Dessert HummusAuthor:
- 1 x 15oz can (1½ cups) chickpeas , (398 ml in Canada / 400g in UK)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) canned coconut milk , or any other creamy plant milk
- ¼ to ½ cup (50 to 100 grams) sugar , white, cane, brown or coconut
- 4 tablespoons nut or seed butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt , not table salt
- Rinse the chickpeas really well in a sieve or colander then place in a food processor.
- Add all of the other ingredients, starting with just ¼ cup of sugar. Blend thoroughly until completely smooth.
- Taste and add more sugar to get it to the right sweetness for you. I use the full ½ cup. You can also add a few drops more milk to thin as necessary.
- Spoon into a serving bowl.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience. The data is a computer generated estimate and should be used as a guide only.
This recipe was originally published on November 3rd 2017. I've since updated it with more helpful information and new photographs and am now republishing it for you. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for following A Virtual Vegan!