This simple but insanely delicious Dessert Hummus is full of all the cinnamon & cookie dough flavour of Snickerdoodles. Ready in minutes and perfect for dipping with cookies, fruit or pretzels!
Snickerdoodle Dessert Hummus?!
Yes, I am bringing you hummus for dessert again. 😛
My Dessert Chocolate Hummus, after a bit of a slow start because lots of you thought I had lost the plot, has started performing really well. This week it made it into the AVV Top 10 recipes 🙌
You guys have obviously started warming to the idea of Dessert Hummus, and you know me, I would not publish a recipe that did not taste good. So I am asking for your trust again with this amazing new Snickerdoodle version!
OMG this hummus is the bomb. Like seriously, ridiculously yummy.
You will find ingredients like chickpeas, coconut sugar, vanilla and lots of cinnamon. All combined, it ends up tasting kind of like cinnamon infused, slightly caramel-y cookie dough/cake batter. So hard to describe. I guess you just need to get it made for yourself to see exactly what I mean!
This Snickerdoodle Dessert Hummus can be whipped up in minutes using canned or freshly cooked chickpeas.
To serve, heap it into a bowl and if you are feeling fancy, sprinkle on some chopped nuts (I like buttery pecans). I added a few rivulets of date syrup to make it look pretty in my pictures. You could use maple syrup instead, but it doesn’t need either. What it does need though are lots of tasty dippers!
All in the name of recipe testing, I tried a multitude of different dippers, and strawberries come out at the tippy top. There is just something about their sweet juiciness that works so well with this hummus. The compliment each other unbelievably well.
As well as strawberries try serving it with:
- apple slices
- pita chips
- rice cakes
You could also try using it as frosting! I think it would work really well on cupcakes.
This Snickerdoodle Dessert Hummus would be perfect for serving at parties and gatherings, or for taking to pot lucks. It’s also just perfect for indulging in by yourself in front of a movie on a Saturday night.
However you serve it, let me know what you think! Rate the recipe below and leave a comment. You can share your pics on Instagram too using the #avirtualvegan hashtag!
AND HERE’S HOW TO MAKE SNICKERDOODLE DESSERT HUMMUS
Snickerdoodle Dessert Hummus
- 370g / 2 cups chickpeas , canned or cooked dried ones
- 60 - 80mls / ¼ - ⅓ cup light coconut milk , you can use full fat if you prefer but be sure to mix it up well first
- 50g / ¼ cup cane sugar , or turbinado
- 2 tablespoons tahini , you can use cashew butter or almond butter instead
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 100g / ½ cup coconut sugar , it must be coconut sugar to get the right flavour balance
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar optional (see recipe notes)
- Add all of the other ingredients, using just ¼ cup of coconut milk and blend until completely smooth. Leave it running for a good few minute to get the smoothest possible results.
- Add a little more coconut milk gradually to get the desired thickness. I used the full ⅓ cup as I like mine a looser but you can add as much or as little as you like. It will firm up slightly in the fridge so bear that in mind.
- It can be served immediately but it is best if chilled for a little while.