Published: · Modified: · by disclosure policy here· · This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases · Read my
This Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing is incredibly delicious and very versatile.
It can be made as thick or thin as you like to suit whatever you are serving it with. Add some extra liquid to it and it becomes an amazing salad dressing or vinaigrette which coats and clings to the leaves perfectly, or reduce the liquid and it ends up thick like mayonnaise. It can then be spread in sandwiches as a mayonnaise substitute, dolloped on veggie burgers, baked potatoes, burritos, tacos, used as a dip for chips, chopped vegetables and it also goes perfectly with falafel.
This dressing keeps well in the fridge for a few days. Don't be worried if the colour changes a little. It won't affect the flavour.
There's more where that came from!
If you love my Avocado Dressing recipe, check out these great salad dressing and salad recipes too:
And if you my recipes, please do check out my cookbook, and subscribe to my email list for a fabulous FREE eCookbook featuring my top 10 recipes. Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too!
Creamy Avocado & Lime Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime , juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional - sub for water if you want a lower fat dressing but remember that the olive oil adds flavour too)
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha , or other hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cold water ( or more of you want a thinner dressing - see recipe notes below)
- 1-2 teaspoons white wine vinegar , or apple cider vinegar (see recipe notes below)
- salt & pepper
- Add all ingredients except the vinegar in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (pulse a few times to distribute it)
- Add the vinegar gradually to taste (pulse a few times again to distribute it)
- Add more water if you want a thinner dressing as per recipe notes.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.