Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprout Salad is fresh & absolutely packed with flavour & interesting textures. It's also hearty & warming thanks to the orangey cinnamon dressing. This vegan Brussels sprout salad is just perfect for all of your fall & winter entertaining!
Vegan Brussels Sprout Salad with cranberries, pecans and a creamy orange cinnamon dressing is what it's all about now. It's so good!
Shredded Brussels sprouts work unbelievably well in salads, especially with the orange cinnamon dressing, chewy dried cranberries (sour dried cherries would work really well too) and the crunchy nuts.
The sweet orange and cinnamon balance with the sprout flavour perfectly and the cranberries and nuts provide chewy, crunchy texture and contrasting fruity nutty flavours. Optional pomegranate arils add more colour, texture and bursts of fresh juicy flavour.
It's all there, together in a bowl ready to make your fall salad dreams come true and with it's festive colours and flavours it will make a great addition to your holiday table!
How to make Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprout Salad
- Shred the raw Brussels sprouts in a food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the cranberries and nuts.
- Blend the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Sprinkle with more nuts, more cranberries and optional pomegranate arils to pretty it up! Maybe some vegan croutons or some salty vegan feta cheese too?
Success Tip - I don’t recommend you buy pre-sliced Brussel’s sprouts for this salad. They are generally cut quite thickly and having thin slices really makes a difference to flavour and eatability. Pre-chopped veggies also are often a bit dry and withered around the edges. Fresh is best and will pay dividends in flavour, texture and appearance.
So easy, fresh and flavourful and unlike salads made with lettuce, this Cranberry Pecan Brussels Sprout Salad won't get really soggy if you don't eat it right away or if you have leftovers. This makes it great for meal prep.
Hungry for more?
Love salad recipes? You might also enjoy these seasonal favorites:
If you tried this recipe, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Vegan Brussels Sprout SaladAuthor:
- 5 heaping cups (600 grams) Brussels sprouts
- ¾ slightly heaping cup (90 grams) pecan nuts , walnuts make a good sub.
- 1 cup (120 grams) dried cranberries
- 1 pomegranate , optional
- 1 large orange , zest and juice
- 1 shallot , or a small chunk of sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar , or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (about 5 nuts) pecan nuts , walnuts make a good sub. For a nut-free option see recipe notes.
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt , to taste
- black pepper , to taste
- Wash the Brussels sprouts, removing any old leaves and the stubby bit of stalk.
- Shred the Brussels sprouts as finely as you can and put them into a large bowl. I use a food processor to do this as it makes it so quick and easy. Chop the nuts into small pieces and add them too along with the dried cranberries.
- Blend the dressing ingredients together until completely smooth. If you prefer a slightly thinner dressing just add a few drops of water until you get to the consistency you like.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to distribute evenly. Sprinkle with a few extra cranberries and pecans and also some optional pomegranate arils too if you have them.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.