Learn how to make Apple Brown Sugar Syrup at home. Full of spiced, rich, caramel apple flavour, it's perfect for adding to your favourite hot or iced drinks and only takes 10 minutes to make!
Recreate Starbucks Apple Brown Sugar Syrup at home from scratch with my easy copycat recipe. Use it to flavor and sweeten your hot and cold drinks, including cocktails. It's just perfect for making an Apple Crisp Macchiato!
This delicious liquid sweetener is adapted from my Brown Sugar Syrup recipe and is perfect for fall. With deep caramel, cinnamon, apple flavor it is incredibly delicious and so versatile.
All you need to make this homemade apple syrup recipe is good quality apple juice, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon:
You can use dark brown sugar or light brown sugar depending on the depth of flavour you want. For a richer, more caramel-like flavour, I recommend using dark brown sugar.
How To Make Apple Brown Sugar Syrup
Apple Brown Sugar Simple Syrup is really easy to make. Simply add everything to a pan, bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 10 minutes.
How To Make Apple Drizzle
You can further reduce a portion of this syrup to make an Apple Crisp Drizzle for the top of your drinks (like Starbucks). Return some of the syrup to a pan and simmer for another 5 minutes. It will thicken as it cools and become drizzleable.
Decant into a glass jar or bottle and store in the fridge. It will keep for up to 4 weeks. You can also freeze it. Once defrosted, if there is some crystallization, warm up gently in a small pan. This will dissolve the sugary crystals and make your syrup good as new!
How To Use Apple Brown Sugar Syrup
Apple Brown Sugar Syrup is a real treat, and great to use in drinks like my copycat Starbucks Apple Crisp Macchiato, hot coffee, iced coffee, tea, iced tea, cold brew, lattes and cocktails. It's great stirred into warm almond milk, oat milk, or cashew milk for a cozy, milky, child-friendly drink too.
You can also use this apple crisp syrup as an alternative to maple syrup on pancakes and waffles.
Try adding a cinnamon stick instead of ground cinnamon, fresh or ground ginger, pumpkin spice, apple pie spice, chai spice, cardamom, nutmeg, or allspice. Add these at the start then remove any solids just before decanting.
Like rich, deep, caramel with sweet, fresh, apple undertones! Fabulous for fall, and as strange as it sounds it works brilliantly with coffee.
Thirsty For More?
If you tried this recipe, let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Apple Brown Sugar SyrupAuthor:
- 2 cups (400 grams) dark brown sugar , (for a lighter, milder syrup use light brown)
- 2 cups (480 ml) apple juice , (good quality with just apple in the ingredients)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon , or apple pie spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For the apple brown sugar syrup
- Add the brown sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and salt to a small pan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then turn down a little to maintain a gently bubbling simmer, stirring or swirling occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool a little, then pour into a small jar or other heat proof lidded container.
To make Apple Crisp Drizzle from the syrup
- Leave about ½ cup (120ml) of the finished apple brown sugar syrup in the pan after decanting the rest. Put it back over the heat and let it simmer gently for 5 minutes more (no longer or it will harden up like toffee).
- Transfer carefully to a heat proof container. Very hot water will remove any sticky residue left on your pan.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.