This lightly spiced Creamy Chickpea Curry Soup is easy to make and can be cooked from scratch in less than 30 minutes. Healthy, comforting and perfect with fresh, crusty bread or warm naan.
Soup, curry and chickpeas. They are three of my favourite things and this lovely Creamy Chickpea Curry Soup is now my fourth. It is so creamy and delicious!
CHICKPEAS FOR DAYS....
Chickpeas are a recurrent theme here on AVV. I have so many recipes that involve them. A few of my favourites are my Loaded Taco Fries, my Brownie Batter Dessert Hummus and my New York Cheesecake. They are so versatile and they really come into their own in this soup recipe.
This soup is simple to make, full of goodness and very filling thanks to the chickpeas and coconut milk. It is unbelievably rich and creamy and makes the perfect quick and easy dinner or lunch.
I haven't tried it as I don't have one but I think this soup work work extremely well in an Instant Pot if you have one.
HOW TO SERVE THIS CREAMY CHICKPEA CURRY SOUP
Serve a great big, steaming bowl with a warm naan bread or some of my Miracle No Knead Focaccia. If you have any leftover cooked grains in the fridge, such as rice or quinoa, then feel free to add them to the soup in the last ten minutes of cooking. It's a great way to use them up and will make your meal even heartier.
Made from scratch in four very easy steps, this Creamy Chickpea Curry Soup can be ready and on your table within 30 minutes.
I just love meals like that during the week don't you?
Settle down to a warm bowl after a busy day and you will be one happy bunny!
Once you have tried this Creamy Chickpea Curry Soup for yourself, I would love it if you could leave your comments below. You can also share your pictures with me on Instagram (@avirtualvegan). Be sure to add the hashtag #avirtualvegan so I don’t miss them!
If you love curry then try my Curry Hummus too. It's the bomb!
Creamy Curry Chickpea Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil ( you can sub for any other kind of oil)
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 4 medium carrots , chopped
- 900g | 4 cups potato cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock , or water
- 410g | 2 cups cooked chickpeas , (1 19oz/540ml can)
- 398mls | 1 can canned coconut milk , full fat will give a richer, thicker texture but light can also be used if you don't mind your soup slightly thinner
- 1 - 2 teaspoons salt , add to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar , optional but lifts the flavour slightly
- Heat the coconut oil in large soup pan
- Saute the onion until just starting to turn golden brown.
- Add the carrots, potato, garlic & curry powder and cook for a few more minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Add the stock/water and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are tender (about 10 minutes). At this point if you prefer a thicker, smoother soup, you can remove half, blend it up in a blender, then return it to the pan before continuing with the next step.
- Add chickpeas, coconut milk and sugar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer over a medium/low heat until hot.
Nutritional information is provided for convenience & as a courtesy only. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only.