Creamy Curry Chickpea Soup
This lightly spiced Creamy Chickpea Curry Soup is easy to make and can be cooked from scratch in less than 30 minutes. Healthy, comforting and perfect with fresh, crusty bread or warm naan.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil ( you can sub for any other kind of oil)
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 4 medium carrots , chopped
- 900g | 4 cups potato cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock , or water
- 410g | 2 cups cooked chickpeas , (1 19oz/540ml can)
- 398mls | 1 can canned coconut milk , full fat will give a richer, thicker texture but light can also be used if you don't mind your soup slightly thinner
- 1 - 2 teaspoons salt , add to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar , optional but lifts the flavour slightly
Heat the coconut oil in large soup pan
Saute the onion until just starting to turn golden brown.
Add the carrots, potato, garlic & curry powder and cook for a few more minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
Add the stock/water and simmer until the potatoes and carrots are tender (about 10 minutes). At this point if you prefer a thicker, smoother soup, you can remove half, blend it up in a blender, then return it to the pan before continuing with the next step.
Add chickpeas, coconut milk and sugar.
Season with salt and pepper.
Simmer over a medium/low heat until hot.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 498kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 965mg | Fiber: 10.5g | Sugar: 11.4g | Vitamin A: 10200IU | Vitamin C: 66mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4.3mg