Brussels Sprout & Cashew Nut Fried Rice
A simple, super speedy & delicious meal which brings together fresh, sweet brussels sprouts, nutty brown rice & buttery cashew nuts in a delicious tamari, maple sauce.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 teaspoons oil of choice , Sesame oil is nice but any will do
- 2 heaping cups |/ around 250g halved brussels sprouts
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon tamari you can sub soy sauce if you don't have Tamari
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup can sub for honey if not vegan or agave but maple will give the best flavour so use if you can
- 2 cups / around 380g brown rice cooked and cooled. You can use white rice if you prefer
- ¼ cup around 34g cashew nuts
Heat a large skillet over a medium heat and add the oil.
When hot add the brussels sprouts and sauté until just tender (about 4 minutes).
Add the onions and garlic and cook for another few minutes until the onion is just beginning to turn a golden brown.
Add the tamari and maple syrup and stir well to coat the vegetables.
Add the rice and cashew nuts and continue cooking for another couple of minutes or until the rice is piping hot.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 467.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 75.8g | Protein: 13.2g | Fat: 14.3g | Sodium: 541mg | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 122.9mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 4mg