Tofu Quinoa Stir Fry
Quick, easy and healthy Tofu Quinoa Stir Fry. Ready in under 20 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 package extra firm tofu , cubed, (press it if you have time but don't worry too much if you don't)
- 1 large carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 bell pepper , sliced, (yellow, orange or red are best to provide contrasting colours)
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 head broccoli , broken up into bite sized pieces, (I slice the stalks up thinly & throw them in too)
- 10 mushrooms , sliced
- 1 large handful snow peas
- 370g | 2 cups quinoa , cooked and cooled
- 1 bunch green/salad onions , sliced into small rounds
- 1 heaped teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 5 tablespoons tamari , or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Add the oil to a pan and fry the tofu (turning frequently) until starting to get crispy.
Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add carrot, broccoli and peppers to the pan and sauté over a medium heat for a few minutes until just starting to soften.
Add the garlic and sauté for a minute or two longer.
Add the mushrooms and ¾ of the green onions.
Cook for another couple of minutes.
While cooking mix the tamari/soy sauce with the maple syrup and Chinese 5 spice in a small bowl.
Add the quinoa and snow peas to the pan along with the Tamari/ soy sauce mixture and the tofu.
Stir together well and cook until the quinoa is heated through.
Serve sprinkled with the remaining raw green onions.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 12g | Sodium: 1200mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 96% | Vitamin C: 384% | Calcium: 33% | Iron: 31%