Easy Asian Style Broccoli
Tender broccoli smothered in a rich, thick Asian style sauce. Insanely simple to make, ready in less than 30 minutes and full of flavour.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 medium head of broccoli
- 5½ tablespoons | 1/3 cup of cashew or almond butter
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped very finely
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar (sub apple cider vinegar if you don't have any)
- 60mls | 1/4 cup Tamari (sub coconut aminos or soy sauce if you don't have this)
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes or a small fresh birds eye chilli chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 120mls | 1/2 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Wash the broccoli and cut up into large bite size pieces. (I used the florets and the stalks)
Add all of the other ingredients to an oven proof dish and whisk together. It will look a bit lumpy but thats fine.
Add the broccoli and stir well to coat in the sauce.
Cover the dish and bake for about 20 minutes until the broccoli is tender (test with a fork) and the sauce has thickened.
Stir well before serving
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1350IU | Vitamin C: 250mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 3.4mg