Tofu In Satay Sauce
Tender tofu in a rich, smooth and creamy satay sauce. Super easy to prepare & totally delicious!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 | 350g approx block extra firm tofu , press it to remove any excess water if you have the time but don't worry if you don't. I have tried both ways and the difference is negligible
For the sauce
- 400ml | 13.5oz | 1 can can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter , crunchy or smooth
- 1 tablespoon tamari , (wheat free if needs to be gluten-free) or soy sauce, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar , or any other brown sugar
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 2 fat cloves garlic , chopped finely
- 1-2 fresh or dried red bird's eye chilli , 2 will make it hot, 1 will make it medium or half mild and if you don't like chilli feel free to omit it. It will still be delicious.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In an oven proof lidded dish
mix all the sauce ingredients.
The peanut butter will be a little clumpy. Just mash it in with a fork. Don't worry about lumps as they will dissolve as it cooks.
Cube your tofu and immerse in the sauce.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid and return to the oven for another 10 - 15 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken a little.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 26g | Sodium: 389mg | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin C: 5% | Calcium: 16% | Iron: 23%