This isn’t really a recipe as such, but a good vegan sandwich is pretty hard to find so I thought I would share this Portobello & Avocado Sandwich.
I was really craving a tasty sandwich a few days ago and came up with this little creation. It was so delicious that I had it for lunch again the next day and the day after that!
With warm portobello mushroom, creamy avocado, peppery arugula and hot mustard all stuffed between two slices of fluffy bread you are going to be in heaven.
And it’s super nutritious, filling and easy. Doesn’t get any better than that!
If you would like to try making your own bread then check out my Light Whole Wheat Bread recipe.
Warm portobello mushroom, creamy avocado, peppery arugula and hot mustard make a great combination in this delicious sandwich!
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 1 small avocado or half a large one
- 1 large portobello mushroom
- A handful of Arugula/Rocket
- Wholegrain Mustard
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your grill.
- Brush your mushroom with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper,
- Grill/broil on medium until soft and cooked through, turning over half way. Keep an eye on it as mushrooms cook really quickly. It should take 5 minutes tops.
- While your mushroom is cooking cut your bread and spread both slices with the mustard.
- Slice your avocado and arrange on one slice of bread.
- Remove the mushroom from the grill once cooked and cut into slices, placing them on top of the avocado.
- Top with arugula/rocket and then top that with your other slice of bread,