This Pear & Walnut Oatmeal With Salted Chocolate Sauce is just perfect if you want an indulgent breakfast with chocolate but still want to be healthy. It is very easy to make and takes full advantage of the juicy, delicious local pears that are everywhere at the moment.
As the pears are so good I have left them well alone in this recipe. All you need to do is cut your pear into quarters and remove the core, then slice it thinly. The oatmeal is just a plain oatmeal made with water (or non-dairy milk if you prefer) with a little sweetener added if you feel you need it. And as for the salted chocolate sauce…..you don’t even need any chocolate! It’s a No Chocolate Salted Chocolate Sauce and is incredibly quick and easy to make (you’re talking less than a minute).
This Pear & Walnut Oatmeal With Salted Chocolate Sauce is:
The perfect no fuss, healthy, yet extremely satisfying breakfast
Sweet but not too sweet
With great contrast between the hot oatmeal, the cold juicy pear, the crunchy walnut and the indulgent salted chocolate sauce.
You really need to try this!
If you have any of the salted chocolate sauce leftover you can store it in the fridge and just warm it a little in the microwave or by sitting it in a hot bowl of water when you want to use it again. It’s great on ice cream, chopped banana, added to a smoothie or on anything else you might add chocolate sauce to.
If you make these Pear & Walnut Oatmeal With Salted Chocolate Sauce I would love it if you could let me know how you liked it in the comments section below. You could even take some photos then tag me on Instagram @avirtualvegan and add the hashtag #avirtualvegan so I don’t miss them! I would love to see them!
Pear & Walnut Oatmeal With Salted Chocolate Sauce
For the oatmeal
- 45g | ½ cup rolled oats (make sure they are gluten free oats if you are sensitive to gluten)
- 360mls | 1½ cups water (or non-dairy milk)
- Sweetener of choice (Optional - I used 1 teaspoon of organic cane sugar)
- 1 ripe pear , cored & sliced, (this oatmeal is also good with banana instead of the pear)
- 2 teaspoons walnuts , chopped
Add oats to a small saucepan
- Pour in the water
- Place over a medium heat and cook, stirring every few minutes until you have a thick hot oatmeal.
- While the oatmeal is cooking and in-between stirring, core and slice your pear then make the chocolate sauce.
- Add the sauce ingredients to a very small bowl or cup and mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- When the oatmeal is cooked pour into a serving bowl, arrange the sliced pear on top, sprinkle on the walnuts then lastly drizzle over the salted chocolate sauce.